Close

Default AC/Power steering Delete kit

Ok I am Jennifer I have hijacked my amazing husbands sign on.. I qualify since my hands are greasy too and spent good part of the weekend under our 1984 FORD Fox body 20th anniversary edition.

I am trying to help now that we have the timing cover and new water pump on. After 2 gasket changes and me taking out the pan bolts about 5 times .. I know my 1/2, 7/16, and 5/8 now oh and I got to use the good socket wrench. I was told I qualify for my own.

Here's the deal.. We have a delete kit for removing the AC to eliminate extra weight.. If I had it my way it would have stayed but he won that one. We are keeping the power steering. So why are things not lining up? They are about an inch off? We have a new belt but not there yet. The pulleys just do not line what are we doing wrong?

Please help
    David and Jennifer

Jennifer does your hubby know how lucky he is? If not... he should. If you can show us some pics of the misalignment it will help with the diagnosis.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Which pulleys are out of line?
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.