Close

Default 86 GT med canyon red

Don't want to change the paint on my 2R car so I'm looking for an 86 GT that was originally and still is 2A-Med Canyon Red color. Needs to be running/daily driver and mostly stock. Changes like exhaust, stereos, wheels, things I can easily swap out are ok. Has to have the factory red interior, working factory gauges, 5 speed, hardtop, manual windows. A factory non-AC car gets bonus points. It doesn't have to be in restored show condition but I don't want something rusted out or a project car. Would like to find something within about 200 miles of Greensboro NC so I can get someone to ride with me to check it out, but I know I might have to look a little farther out so if you have one like this for sale let me know. Thanks

Still looking... really want a 2A car but might also consider a car meeting same specs above but factory 1D Dark Grey or 1E Silver. Have cash and a nice 2R 86 GT to work with.

check out boston craiglist
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

I know that you were looking for an 86, but there's a nice 85 in the FYI ad section.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Thanks for the reply, looked at Boston listings didn't see an 86 but I did see an 85 GT I would buy if it were closer to me. At 750 miles out, not sure I could swing it

How about a red '86 GT Dominator?

Nice car but I'm pretty much looking for a plain 86 GT spec'd out like I described

Quote Originally Posted by lumarkhood View Post
    How about a red '86 GT Dominator?
    Any pics?

Is mine considered Medium canyon red or Jalapeno red?
    My paint is faded so it's hard to tell and I haven't looked at the door tag.
    BTW, it's a 86 5.0 5 speed with red interior and manual windows
    Name:  Cinnamon saleen wheels.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  92.4 KB
    Current Cars:
    1979 Mustang Ghia Coupe 5.0 3J Bright Blue
    1984 GT T top 306 5 speed "Black Mamba"
    1986 Saleen Black with Silver Stripes 86#009
    1986 Mustang GT Medium Canyon Red 5 speed 5.0
    1999 Mustang GT Convertible 35th anniversary 69K miles.
    2002 Nissan Maxima 6 Speed "Daily Driver"
    2009 Corvette 6 speed LS3

1998 Cobra 71k miles Canary Yellow "Nana" SOLD

Hard for me to tell exactly, I've seen faded versions of both colors that looked similar but I'm leaning towards that being more of Jalapeno red

Wow cant believe its been almost 5 years and I still havent found one. I did run across a nice 85 GT that followed me home, but Im still looking for the above described car. Although I prefer the red interior, Im willing to consider one with a nice grey interior. Id also consider a dark gray (1D) paint car with similar specs. Looking to buy straight out or Id even be up for working some sort of trade with my red (2R) 86 GT
    Last edited by 80sDave; 01-18-2020 at 10:16 AM.

I have almost the exact car you want for sale.
    86 GT, lots of mods but nothing that's not reversible. Factory paint, no rust, never seen a winter.
    Only 2 differences - has power windows and I am in the middle of installing AC (I can return to heater only if wanted before sending it your way).

The big one.....car is a "Canadian Cobra" in Ontario, Canada. I can trailer it down to you.
    Here's a picture to keep you interested ;-)

I do appreciate the reply, that looks to be a nice car. If it were a little closer I might be up for a ride to check it out. The power windows I could probably swap out. However converting a sunroof back to a hardtop is probably more than I want to get into. Im pretty much stuck on wanting a hardtop car like the one I had.

Frankie... I might be interested in that... where are you in Ontario? I am in Rochester NY

penn yan guy

I have an 86 GT Conv with 33,000 miles on it. It is an automatic car though and I think it is the wrong red for you. Attachment 131093

I'm in Hamilton, about an hour's drive from Niagara falls.
    PM me and I can send you more details.

This is the funniest part of this post:

"Would like to find something within about 200 miles of Greensboro NC"

I always chuckle when I read a WTB ad where someone is looking for an exact replica of their teenage vehicle, yet they somehow want it to magically appear in their backyard? Shipping these days is very cost effective, as is a PPI inspection. I haven't bought a local car in over 20 years, and all of the foxes I've sold have gone out of state as well.
    82 Mercury Capri - 11.99 @ 112, AFR headed Mountaineer motor
    86 Mustang LX Coupe - the original Coyote swap 4-eye. Gone but not forgotten!

I’ve got an 85 GT 5-speed, manual windows, manual locks. In great condition but needs a little finishing.

Name:  IMG_0277.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  148.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sent you a PM there Blownsob thanks