Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new addition...

Definitely some interesting stuff. ...

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Nope. The SROD was an option. You chose that option over the standard T5.
    who in their right mind would chose the SROD as a option
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

Apparently a few people did. It also came with a $124 invoice credit when ordered with the GT or any other model/trim level with the 5.0L package.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

You guys are Makin me scared to touch the car! Lol. Actaully, anything I do, I would make it easy to undo.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    There was never a "delete" for the console. It was either standard or optional.

It was standard starting in 1982, in the GT and all Capri exc. base.
    In 1983 it was standard in the GT, Turbo GT, and all Capri exc. base.
    In 1984 it was standard in the GT, Turbo GT, SVO, and all Capri.
    In 1985 and 1986 it was standard in all except the LX coupe.

The pieces from cars that people call "console delete" (drop down ashtray, shifter surround, and parking brake surround) were just pieces that were used in cars that were not ordered with the optional console.

The only items that had a "delete" option were:

Cobra tape treatment (1981 Cobra)
    radio (1981-86)
    hood graphic (1986 GT)
    stripe (1983 GL/GLX, 1984 L/LX)
    bi-wing (1985-86 SVO)
    amazing info!!! Thanks Mick
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 09-19-2015 at 12:59 PM. Reason: additional info added to original post, updated same missing info from quote

Yes. Amazing for sure.

Fidel: Had to edit your quote. I missed "Turbo GT" in 1983 in my original post. Wanted to make the quote the same, in case somebody saw your quote and not my original post, and got incorrect info.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by onetrackrider View Post
    who in their right mind would chose the SROD as a option
    Back when I was in high school (89-93), there was a teacher there that had an 83 GT he bought new. He special ordered it and selected the four speed. Said he just didn't like the overdrive. I thought just don't use it!
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Going through the car today... the p.o. tried to do a few things... he painted the stock intake like alum and had no idea how to re install it. So the valve covers and intake leak. No biggie. But there is a exhaust leak also I have to fix. He has crappy lt headers on and a bad mid pipe. I need to replace all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    Back when I was in high school (89-93), there was a teacher there that had an 83 GT he bought new. He special ordered it and selected the four speed. Said he just didn't like the overdrive. I thought just don't use it!
    But the SROD had overdrive too! It says so right on the shifter! Granted the ratio is different, but not that much different...
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123