Close

Default Picked up 1st LTD

So I picked up my first LTD this weekend. Almost had an 80 Fairmont wagon but the guy had issues with getting the title from the original owner. So I didnt want the hassle and stumbled upon this LTD.

Name:  IMG_20150905_181957764[1].jpg
Views: 134
Size:  169.5 KBName:  IMG_20150905_182026994[1].jpg
Views: 132
Size:  121.5 KBName:  IMG_20150905_182009459[1].jpg
Views: 140
Size:  76.8 KB

Cool! What are your plans?
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Looks pretty solid...any rust?

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Cool! What are your plans?
    Not 100% sure yet. But I know want it to be steetable something to cruise in & go to the track sometimes. Thinking either boosted mod motor(teksid block) or boosted 351w. I'm doing reserach now to see what will be cost be between the both of them. I want at least 500-600rwhp.

i know it will be a slowwwwwwww build. lol I need a rear right pass window and body work on the rears. Going to PAP this month sometime since they do have an 85 in there i might be able to grab some parts off of.

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    Looks pretty solid...any rust?
    None that I have seen so far, going to look deeper though. It has been a southern car all its life.. bought it from orgiinal owners son. it was a GA car now an SC car. Just doing research for now.. pockets kind of empty right now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 84LTDKEV View Post
    Not 100% sure yet. But I know want it to be steetable something to cruise in & go to the track sometimes. Thinking either boosted mod motor(teksid block) or boosted 351w. I'm doing reserach now to see what will be cost be between the both of them. I want at least 500-600rwhp.

i know it will be a slowwwwwwww build. lol I need a rear right pass window and body work on the rears. Going to PAP this month sometime since they do have an 85 in there i might be able to grab some parts off of.
    The 351 will be cheaper. And if you want to build for dragstrip performance, I'd recommend basing your build off of the ET/MPH you want to run, estimating your race weight and getting a power target from there. You may be surprised what you'll need...possibly less than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    The 351 will be cheaper. And if you want to build for dragstrip performance, I'd recommend basing your build off of the ET/MPH you want to run, estimating your race weight and getting a power target from there. You may be surprised what you'll need...possibly less than expected.
    Thanks for the input, I have a 351 block that my brother friend has, just waiting on a price. Also need to get tailights since one is broken & rear window broker and have plexi glass in place.