Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok. Thank you FEP for the assist/attempt.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Hey Mick, so I was looking around at some info and seen that the 9d black magic was only in 81 and 82, do we have any literature about them being produced in 1983?

Fidel, you're correct. Black Magic was available in 1C only in 1983.

The Lincoln-Mercury Product Facts Book (Advance Edition) says this about the 1983 Capri:

• Black Magic available in Black only and features revised striping
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

So an 83 is definitely a one year only production with bubble hatch and........
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

OK I figured out what the other 69 are.

It's not paint code. It's interior trim code...

Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

What are the interior options available? Obviously mine was a majority.

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    What are the interior options available? Obviously mine was a majority.
    The first thing to pop in to my mind were Recaro seats but those wern't available in 83, were they? Hmmm... I'm very curious of the answer.

No recaros in 83
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I am curious as well? Because whatever options were left potentially only 69 had them. Could it be sun roof/ttop cars? Hmmmmm
    because im pretty sure the bm interior was all the same, with low back w/ gold inserts. Maybe non RS trim. Dang all the possibilities. ...

wow, according to the literature, sport seats were an option. ... that would be amazing! !!
    Last edited by STANGMAN116; 09-08-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    OK I figured out what the other 69 are.

It's not paint code. It's interior trim code...

Ok, I'm TOTALLY cornfused....... What other 69? White exterior? Different interior? Found this:
    http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ury-capri.html
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    No such animal as a "White Lightning". That was an advertising gimmick by Mercury for the Black Magic option ordered in white...
    Black Magic option could come with any engine.
    ...The Black Magic came stand with and only with the YA interior trim (Black interior, Black seats w/ Sand inserts). The YA interior was also optional in the Capri L.
    conmech - aka Marshall

If there was no 9D in 83 and no Recaros then it has to be the sport seats right?

I'm not convinced all Black Magics had the black/gold seats. I'm certain that (at least the 82 model year) a few cars left the factory with Recaros.

Outside of the seats I can't think of any other interior trim differences.

I cannot wait for someone more in the know to chime in.

conmech - aka Marshall

Option list

conmech - aka Marshall

Special thanx to negusm for the bits of history.
    conmech - aka Marshall

Was hoping you all would figure it out.

Yes, the 69 were HA trim.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Black Magic paints and trims...

1C Black or 9D Polar White
    YA Black/Sand low-back

1C Black or 9D Polar White
    YA Black/Sand low-back (standard) or TA Black Recaro (optional)

1C Black
    YA Black/Sand low-back (standard) or HA Black Sport Performance (optional)
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

That's awesome. I'm always happy to learn something new about these cars but the answers left me with an even greater question.

I used to have an 83 RS with a charcoal silver two tone but according to that brochure that wasn't possible. Does anyone have a Canadian version of that brochure? I feel like I'm going to have to hunt my old 83 down again and and grab the buck/door tag.

I'm thinking fake RS with a chance for regional differences.

In negusms' sig is a link to A LOT of brochures.
    conmech - aka Marshall

Specialty Tu-Tone paint was not available on the RS.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 09-09-2015 at 07:58 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    In negusms' sig is a link to A LOT of brochures.
    http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Literature/

Canadian SPECIFIC:

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Liter...res_Canada.htm
    conmech - aka Marshall

Very interesting. I do not see any mention of the tu-tone not being available in the RS in the Canadian one. Still, more research is required.

What year RS?
    conmech - aka Marshall

83. I posted a pic of the car in one of 86caprirs's CC threads if you want to take a look at it. I might just order a Marti on it for ****s and giggles. I don't want to derail this thread any further but I'll start a thread for that one if/when I find any further info. Still a very strong possibilty it was built from multiple cars before I got my hands on it.

Left column bottom of the page.

Tu tone paint N/A

Tu tone with black lower OPT.
    conmech - aka Marshall

I guess it was a mutt after all. I still want more info on it. It was my first bad @$$ car and I just loved it. I'd trade my pair of 82's to have it back the way it was when I let it go. At least I have the memories...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12