Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just to follow up, I replaced the TFI and that seems to have solved the problem. Im a bit disappointed with the motorcraft TFI that cost me $175 lst year but my auto parts guy is gonna warranty it and give me a new one Monday

Glad to hear, you've really been fighting some gremlins with your car. Hope you are in the home stretch now....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Those electrical gremlins ahh the horror

Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Glad to hear, you've really been fighting some gremlins with your car. Hope you are in the home stretch now....
    The TFI really caught me by surprise since I had put a motorcraft in I never believed that could be the cause but low and behold, I ran over to Autozone and picked up a $40 duralast and the car ran for an hour no stalling. They tested the motorcraft and told me it was bad. The other parts store will give me a new motorcraft so Ill keep the duralast in the glove box as a backup in case I get stuck again.

The car ran so much better than it did just after the dual exhaust conversion. It was erratic, stumbling and racing, stalling etc. I think adding two hi performance cat was a great idea. I ran a scan and only code 41 lean condition came up. there's is still slight exhaust leak from working on the cats so I left it till Monday. As long as the code 41 clears up I think it should be good.

Last thing to do before it gets cold is to adjust all the windows. I just got the convertible service procedure book.

This is it running today
    Last edited by fgross2006; 09-19-2015 at 09:03 PM.

I'm glad that you got it fixed. The problem sounded like it was the TFI module, but you said that you had replaced it already. I've had e!experience like that before where the replacement parts is bad. I had a bad TFI on another Ford before and it acted exactly like yours did.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12