Close

Thread: Marti Report

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Default Marti Report

Enclosed, Marti Report for my T-top notch...

Attached Images Attached Images

1 of 700 with T-Roof.

Mike

Got a door tag, buck tag, owner card, build sheet, window sticker, trags tag, axle tag, etc. for this Mustang L T-roof coupe?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Very nice!
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

FEP Supporter

I love Marti reports. I can't wait to get our elite one's in the mail!

What a beauty car! Amazing to see such a unique color/interior combo on a "basic" car with not many options on the list at all. But with a T-Top?! That's cool. Question though; what is a transmission code "7" Hummer Four-Speed Manual Transmission? I've never heard that term before.

Hummer is a German transmission.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Amazing I also love marti reports!!!!!

Thanks everyone! I was wondering about the transmission too; I always thought it was a Borg-Warner until I got the report. It has a much more solid 'feel' than the GT's SROD.

Is it true that the color combo figure ( 158 ) is determined from ALL '83 coupes, not just T-top models? I purchased the car from the original owner who stated that he would've ordered it with the 5.0L, but the salesman claimed that it was unavailable with the L model.

I have the original window sticker, I need to scan it first
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 09-03-2015 at 03:56 PM. Reason: text

Yes, the stats on deluxe/elite reports are by VIN body code only, in this case "26" (Mustang 2-door sedan).
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Cool. Thanks for sharing. The car sold quick!!

Post up some more pictures of the car. 1/158 with that color/trim, not going to see many more like it.

The stat for paint and trim - 158 coupes w/ code 27 paint and code AN trim - would be for the L model coupe, as the L model was the only one available with A code seats.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 09-04-2015 at 06:27 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

^^^^^
    Good catch. I've only seen two other '83s with A code seats; an Orange T-top notch with vinyl/cloth seats in Black, and user airplanedriver's Red T-top notch with vinyl/cloth seats in Red. I've seen a couple '84s with A code seats too, but those cars had the traditional-style doorpanels.

Do we know how many '83 coupes are in the FEP database?

High back buckets in 1984 were also available only in the L model. The A code seats were vinyl (optional) and the B code seats were cloth (standard).

I'll have to check the database later but do you want to know how many coupes or how many coupes w/ T-roof?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    I'll have to check the database later but do you want to know how many coupes or how many coupes w/ T-roof?
    If possible, both

Quote Originally Posted by rodster View Post
    Cool. Thanks for sharing. The car sold quick!!

Post up some more pictures of the car. 1/158 with that color/trim, not going to see many more like it.
    Here's another one (with TRX)
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 09-04-2015 at 04:43 PM.

In the 1983 database:

92 coupes

11 coupes w/ T-roof

4 coupes w/ T-roof and 2.3L engine
    2 coupes w/ T-roof and 3.8L engine
    5 coupes w/ T-roof and 5.0L engine

Two of the 5.0L T-roof coupes were converted to Zimmers.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Great car, congrats. Those 10 hole wheels look perfect on it imo. The TRX's are nice as well, but the 10 holes fill in the wheel arch perfectly.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    Great car, congrats. Those 10 hole wheels look perfect on it imo. The TRX's are nice as well, but the 10 holes fill in the wheel arch perfectly.
    Thanks Mike, and to think it supposedly had these "salami slicers" on it originally...

Whats zimmers?

And ps I think the slicer rims look cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    Whats zimmers?

I think this one even has Ttops...
    '84 Tu Tone Coupe 5.0/T-5 Dark Academy Blue/Light Academy Blue Glow
    '86 Mercury ASC McLaren Coupe 049 - November '16 ROTM

^^^^^ ooooo I know those... crazy

Yes, here's one! Not a T top, and its an 82...

1FABP10D3BF246513

Mustang D code 255

"For sale at auction: Lot #1534 - For this build it was "goodbye, crash helmet" and "hello, wool cap," as Jesse and the crew created a log splitter out of a 1982 powder blue Zimmer Golden Spirit, a car made famous in the early '80s for an over-the-top, pimped-out luxury style. Jesse and his team cut the Zimmer in half, extending the car. After a log was dropped in, the car would come back together via a couple of hydraulic cylinders and thus split the log. The Log Splitter boasts an 18hp gas-driven V-twin engine, a 4-way/3-position control valve and a 7-gallon oil reservoir. Hydraulics expert Eddie Nahir assisted with the build of the Log Splitter......"

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archi...SPLITTER-61627

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    Yes, here's one! Not a T top, and its an 82...

1FABP10D3BF246513

Mustang D code 255

"For sale at auction: Lot #1534 - For this build it was "goodbye, crash helmet" and "hello, wool cap," as Jesse and the crew created a log splitter out of a 1982 powder blue Zimmer Golden Spirit, a car made famous in the early '80s for an over-the-top, pimped-out luxury style. Jesse and his team cut the Zimmer in half, extending the car. After a log was dropped in, the car would come back together via a couple of hydraulic cylinders and thus split the log. The Log Splitter boasts an 18hp gas-driven V-twin engine, a 4-way/3-position control valve and a 7-gallon oil reservoir. Hydraulics expert Eddie Nahir assisted with the build of the Log Splitter......"

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archi...SPLITTER-61627
    Zimmer may have serialized it as a 1982 but that VIN is of a 1981 Mustang ("B" in 10th position = 1981 model year). It is in a group of 30 consecutive P10D VINs from 1981 (BF246499-BF246528). All 30 were probably converted to Zimmers. Nine in that group of 30 are confirmed.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder