Close

Thread: 84 Mustang LX

86' SVO 1C # 17 of 3379 86's #6475 of 9837
    86' SVO 1C #497 of 3379 86's #6955 of 9837
    84' GT Turbo #4 of 3241 GT Turbo HB's #560 of 3935
    87' Thunderbird TC 1 of 10
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month

"This is a rather unique vehicle. Bought the car new. 2 previous cars were Porsches, very nice cars, but over rated. I figured the frame and steering geometry US cars was basically correct but then mushed up for the US consumer. Also it is not a good idea to tinker with the Kraut cars without costly mistakes, and I thought it would be cool if I could create a Porsche killer (never found any but humiliateda few Beemers and Mercades). Entire suspension replaced with Quickor racing's springs, sway bars , poly urethane bushings and Bilstein shocks. Wheels are Conchi 16 inch zero offset magnesium rims, now skinned with 225x50x16 Gatorbacks. Tranny is 5speed with Hurst short throw linkage. Rear end is 7.7 inch Ford with 3.73 gears and Auburn limited slip carrier. Engine is a 5 liter V8 which I had pulled when new and gone over to optimize efficiency, including line honed mains., decked and squared, roller rockers and lots of smaller things to increase efficiency without sacrificing reliability. I eventually put in a Nitrous injection which I have used exactly ONCE. With the 3.73 rear end the car accelerates like a rocket without it. Compared to smaller displacement engines (like older Porsches) this car has an immense amount of low end torque which is quite satisfying (orgasmic?), and the exhaust note is authoritative (some say surly).

Everything is fully functional including *AC which I had rebuilt and replaced coolant with newer 134. also replaced was heater core T-tops *used to be common but most were bought by kids and promptly stacked, as kids are won't to do with hot cars. This car has never even been damaged or wrecked andhas been a resident of my garage for the past 30 years. It has 21,000 actual miles on it. It will put a smile on your face

http://m.ebay.com/itm/171912329057?_mwBanner=1
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 83gtstang; 09-02-2015 at 08:27 AM.

I like the car, but don't believe a word in the seller's ad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

LOL ^ yeah that!
    1981 Mustang Coupe - 5.0/5-speed from Indiana, at the body shop getting a little love...still...
    1982 Mustang Coupe - One of the first 10 log-booked American Sedan (A/S) cars built in the early 1990's. Topeka World Challenge Top 10 finisher, 1993 and 1994. Under-going retestification.
    1982 Mustang GT - Something out of the ordinary.

Hearing the word "Orgasmic" makes me think the guy could be different.....like real different. And I would first replace the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by whyidontknow View Post
    Hearing the word "Orgasmic" makes me think the guy could be different.....like real different. And I would first replace the seats.
    More like Californian.
    1981 Mustang Coupe - 5.0/5-speed from Indiana, at the body shop getting a little love...still...
    1982 Mustang Coupe - One of the first 10 log-booked American Sedan (A/S) cars built in the early 1990's. Topeka World Challenge Top 10 finisher, 1993 and 1994. Under-going retestification.
    1982 Mustang GT - Something out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by 86-TC/SVO View Post
    Why do you say it's an early one?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by Nation View Post
    More like Californian.
    Hahaha... I'm thinking European yuppie.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Why do you say it's an early one?
    Right, the sport seats do look like late 84. The LX would not have received the fog lights, so the nose looks similar to an early 84 GT. I love LX's with the sport seats ... remember that charcoal 84 coupe from a few months ago?

I have to say, I almost believe the low mileage, based on condition of the seats and what appears to be the original exhaust tip.

Quote Originally Posted by 83gtstang View Post
    Hahaha... I'm thinking European yuppie.
    Yes, definitely a British accent in that ad!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library