Close

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Phoenix

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!
    Do you mean #4 header tube? And when you say “altered”, are we talking bashing with a hammer? or cut and welded?
    just wondering how much alteration is involved

I will def let you know about the pump
    Last edited by massacre; 05-06-2020 at 07:17 PM.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!
    Do you mean #4 header tube? And when you say “altered”, are we talking bashing with a hammer? or cut and welded?
    just wondering how much alteration is involved

I will def let you know about the pump
    The tube at the front of the motor, I think it's cylinder 1. It's been cut and welded. I'll try to get a pic for you.

I got some more wiring done today. One more corner to go, then I hit the dash board.

Name:  2020-05-06 16.45.03.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  200.7 KBName:  2020-05-06 16.45.13.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  210.7 KB

Default Progress!

It moves under it's own power now! I think my throw out bearing is starting to fail, and the tps seems wonky, but it drives, stops, steers and even half of the electrical system is operational! Now we're getting somewhere...

Awesome progress!
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

That’s great news! Keep up the good work!
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    That’s great news! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks! It's been a battle! I thought It was just a missing parts type project, then I saw the 12v system, and some other questionable work! I'm hoping to be able to adjust the clutch and make life for that throw out bearing a little easier, for a while. After all this, I'm not looking forward to doing clutch work any time soon. It's nice to know that it's actually getting closer to street time (with my fire extinguisher close)! Vrooom! Vroooooom!

Drove her home from the shop today! Even with the questionable tps, it's a fun ride! Very snappy. And the roar! I can't wait to get the imrc's on it. The low end and mid range torque is impressive, but I can totally feel when she starts starving for O2. I even impressed myself with how well my eyeballed front alignment turned out. Now all I need is some car shows to go to...

When your car is so damn fast, you need to hold your racing stripes down with rivets...

Name:  2020-05-29 18.43.08.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  231.3 KB

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011