Close

Threaded View

Default 1984 Mustang GT350

For Sale...1984 GT350 Anniversary Mustang....5.0L.....5 speed......T-top car

96,888 miles....mileage is correct...I purchased the vehicle on April 20, 2004 from my long time friend who got the car brand new. I am the second owner. Car was originally sold by Century Ford in Rockville, MD (dealership has since closed). Car has always been garage kept and has no rust whatsoever. When I bought the car from my friend it had 90,127 miles on it, so I have only put 6,700 miles on it in over 11 years. I simply don't drive the car much, that's the reason I'm selling it. Car runs and drives nice (well....as nice as any fox body drives! Lol) and it has a complete set of TRX wheels and tires on it. If you have tried to buy TRX tires lately, you know how much that is worth. The front tires should have a date code of 2005 and the rears are coded 2014. I actually bought all 4 TRX tires in 2005 and when Sears did the install they tore the bead on one of them....after putting up with a slow leak on that one tire for a decade, I finally replaced BOTH rear tires. In doing so, I finally found what was causing the slow leak...I had gotten screwed by Sears 10 years prior.

The vehicle has a non stock exhaust...Flowmasters into a true dual system. Original exhaust rusted out a long time ago.

Engine is NOT original....I will have to look at my records but when my friend owned it the engine started running poorly and he took it to Evergreen, CO where Walt Hane (old GT350 race driver from the 60s...now owns a repair/restoration shop with his son) diagnosed a bad #3 cylinder and recommended replacing the engine with a Ford crate motor. The engine was replaced with an aluminum head 302 Ford crate motor. All the accessories...intake/carb/distributor etc, were transferred over to the crate engine. I DO have the original engine in my garage along with EVERYTHING that went with it.....exhaust manifolds/oil pan/fuel pump etc. I never tried to rebuild the original motor...just put an engine bag over it, put it on a stand, and rolled it under the workbench.

Interior is in really good shape....seats and carpet are all original. No tears or rips in any of that, dash pad has a very tiny crack in the speaker grille. Original radio is inop. Dew wipes are original and I perfect shape. A/C is installed but inop. Heater core was replaced in 2005 at 92,186 miles.

The exterior is in good shape, original paint on all but the front and rear bumper covers. Rear bumper cover was replaced circa 1988 after my friend got rear ended at a stoplight. Front bumper cover was replaced circa 1990 after my friend found some traffic cones in his path at high rate of speed. All the difficult to find trim pieces are intact. Body buck tag is still on the radiator support and I also found the Ford factory build sheet under the drivers side carpet about 10 years ago. I have all documentation for the vehicle from the original sale sheet,window sticker, and the original MD temp tag. MSRP in 1984 was $13,059....ha ha, T-top option alone was $760, tilt steering was $110, rear defroster was $140, power windows were $198, tinted glass was $110, premium sound was $151, A/C was 743.

I have a clear title and when the car sells ALL the items I have go with it.....car cover, original engine, spare console, etc.

I'm asking for $6,000 and the car is located in Rockville, MD. I can make arrangements to get the car to anywhere in the USA.

I hope I can get pictures to post. Thanks,

Bill Walsh
    (240) 494-6167
    Attached Images Attached Images