Close

Default 351 fuel injection

Just something my buddy at work was asking me. Would fuel injection from 302 (from explorer ) fit on and bolt up to 351 block?

You would have to change the lower intake manifold to a 351 GT40. The 351 has a taller deck height so it is wider.

Thanks

I think that lower has become fairly pricy too.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by dtmilsap View Post
    Just something my buddy at work was asking me. Would fuel injection from 302 (from explorer ) fit on and bolt up to 351 block?
    I was going to do that very thing. Roller 5.8, GT40 heads, Explorer upper intake and Lightning lower (5.8 GT40). Still might...
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

What I have seen prices for lower around 400$. What type of computer are you thinking of using? Would you get custom tune also?

Quote Originally Posted by dtmilsap View Post
    What I have seen prices for lower around 400$. What type of computer are you thinking of using? Would you get custom tune also?
    $400, exactly. That's why I'm not already doing this. I wanted to save myself the expense and also the trouble of fitting the larger engine under my hood, at least for now. I'm not a fan of cowl hoods.

For starters I was going to use my '90 H.O. electronics and computer. But even with my 5.0, I'm planning on getting a custom tune.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

I'm just a big fan of the 302. Maybe if I were building a older truck or a Bronco pre 72 I would consider a nice 351 with fuel injection and roller cam etc. Not worth the losses or gains in a Fox platform car.

Quote Originally Posted by 83gtstang View Post
    I'm just a big fan of the 302. Maybe if I were building a older truck or a Bronco pre 72 I would consider a nice 351 with fuel injection and roller cam etc. Not worth the losses or gains in a Fox platform car.
    That's kind of where I'm at with it. The trouble's not worth being able to say I have a 351.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST