Close

Default Pace car turbo wastegate actuator

Hey guys, what's a common indication of the wastegate actuator when it fails? I have a vacuum/boost gauge drilled and tapped into the compressor housing. It is putting out about 5lbs pressure when I got into it pretty hard a few minutes ago.. Does this mean it's still good? OR could it also be ruptured a small bit and causing a minor issue like a vacuum leak problem even when idling ????

When the actuator fails, the boost will be uncontrollable and you will bury the needle on the gauge. I'm not so sure that connecting the boost gauge directly to the compressor housing is the best way to get an accurate boost reading, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pacecartodd View Post
    Hey guys, what's a common indication of the wastegate actuator when it fails? I have a vacuum/boost gauge drilled and tapped into the compressor housing. It is putting out about 5lbs pressure when I got into it pretty hard a few minutes ago.. Does this mean it's still good? OR could it also be ruptured a small bit and causing a minor issue like a vacuum leak problem even when idling ????
    My pace car put out around 6-7 lbs back in the day. So if your gauge is accurate, I'd say the waste gate is working.
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Thanks guys. I was just curious Cus seems like I have a vacuum leak all of a sudden sinc putting my carb back on. Weird Cus everything is new and sealed and torqued tight.the search begins!

Default Engine pics

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  139.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  116.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  133.3 KB