Close

86caprirs

Default Crimson Cat years

Was there a 1984 Crimson Cat? I found a guy that is selling a 1984 RS. He sent me pics and the exterior is red but faded, the interior is black with red inserts in the seat. The dash over the glove box door has an RS sticker on it. The car has been sitting for 10 years. Looks to be a 5.0L engine, 4 barrel carb with dual inlet air cleaner and a manual trans. Just not sure of it is a 4 speed or 5 speed. He did not send a buck tag pic or vin but I don't want him to find out it is something more then what he thinks he has.

Thanks Guys

[QUOTE=86caprirs;1746519]Was there a 1984 Crimson Cat? I found a guy that is selling a 1984 RS. He sent me pics and the exterior is red but faded, the interior is black with red inserts in the seat. The dash over the glove box door has an RS sticker on it. The car has been sitting for 10 years. Looks to be a 5.0L engine, 4 barrel carb with dual inlet air cleaner and a manual trans. Just not sure of it is a 4 speed or 5 speed. He did not send a buck tag pic or vin but I don't want him to find out it is something more then what he thinks he has.

Thanks Guys

The Crimson Cat was built only in 1983 with about 803 units. The Crimson Cat replaced the very rare 1983 Mercury Capri Black Magic some time in Jan . of 1983. The Crimson Cat had special pin striping, trim and wheels All have red bodies and interiors.

Hope this Helps

86caprirs

Not black interior?

read through some of the threads in here:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/forumdis...son-Cat-Capris
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

Black interior with red inserts

Weren't all Red Capri . . . . . Crimson Cats!

Sorry couldn't resist. Back to factual information!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Maybe the seller is mistaken on the model year. Black was not available as an interior color in 1984.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

86caprirs

Its an 83 Capri CC. The frost plug is out of the engine so I am suspecting it froze the coolant in the block. The engine may be shot. If I get this car I want to restore it back to original. I think it might be worth more to someone then me doing a coyote swap to it.