Close

Default 83 GT VERT Buck Tag Decode Help

Name:  IMG952015072295071532845.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  72.9 KB

Hi All,

I've been trolling the forums for sometime and have found some very useful information on here.

I'm wondering if someone could help me decode this tag. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and hopefully buy it.

Thanks for the help!

MUSTANG = Mustang model line
    205113 = 105,113th 1983 Ford scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly
    CVT = Mustang 2-dr convertible
    F = H.O. 5.0L V8 engine
    031_ = body & paint rotations #031_
    1G = Silver Metallic exterior paint color
    BLK = Black convertible top color
    DF
    ST
    PS
    AC = manual air conditioner
    GT = GT model/trim level
    BR = black rocker panel
    MBW = manual Borg Warner transmission (5-speed T-5)
    03 = hood scoop
    V = visibility (light group)
    ELECTRIC
    -A = Black interior trim color
    NLR
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Awesome! Thank you so much for the quick reply. This is a great forum. I'll update if I bring her home which I'm pretty sure I'm going too!

Can you get a pic of the door tag? Even if you don't buy it. The "body & paint rotations number" that I decoded above it actually four digits. The fourth digits is sometimes hidden by the screw, as it is on this tag. Can you get that fourth digit? And a list of options that this car has (see list below for all possible options, that are not already on the buck tag, for 1983 GT convertible). Thanks.

engine block immersion heater
    front license plate bracket
    factory radio: AM, AM/FM stereo, AM/FM stereo cassette, AM/FM stereo 8-track, or radio delete
    factory wheels: 14" '16-slot' or metric TRX
    interval windshield wipers (twist knob on end of wiper stalk for timed delay, in addition to normal off/low/high)
    leather wrapped steering wheel
    seating: vinyl, cloth & vinyl, leather, or cloth Sport Performance (netted halo headrests)
    premium sound system ("AMP PULL" knob under dash and left of radio, "Premium Sound System" emblem below HVAC controls, amplifier under center of dash pad)
    tilt steering wheel
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Are you aware of the relatively low production numbers for the 83 GT Convertible?
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

I have a photo of the door tag but it's on my work computer. I will try and post tomorrow. Things got messed up but I'm hoping to get to see it on Sunday and bring it home and yes I do know that these are pretty scarce. I am itching to get behind the wheel!

Name:  mustang2.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  174.2 KB

Here is a pic of the door tag. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Hopefully I'll have a picture of it in my garage soon!

Date - 06/83 = June 1983 scheduled build
    F0095 = 95 lbs front accessory reserve load
    R0077 = 77 lbs rear accessory reserve load
    Exterior Paint Colors - 1G = Silver Metallic
    DSO = 11 = Boston district sales office
    Body - 66B = Mustang 2-dr coupe/2-dr convertible
    VR - A = Black convertible top color
    Int Trim - FA = cloth & vinyl seating, low-back front buckets (F), Black interior trim color (A)
    AC - ?
    R - 7 = AM/FM stereo cassette
    Ax - Z = 3.08:1 axle ratio, Traction-Lok (limited slip) differential
    Tr - 2 = manual Borg Warner transmission (5-speed T-5)
    JJ = front springs
    HH?? = rear springs
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Thanks for the decodes......I'm going up Sunday with a plate and plan on driving it home! I'll post an update Sunday. Fingers crossed

I am very happy to report I am the proud owner of an 83 GT Converttible. The car is absolute beautiful. There is not a spot of rust anywhere on the car. I'm the third owner and they guy said its never been out in winter and limited in the rain and always garage kept. I believe it it's mint! I'm pretty pumped I drove it home down I95 for an hour and a half and she runs like a dream! I'll get pics up soon.

heres the original factory options:

Premium Sound
    Interval wipers
    cloth trim
    p205/70r14 bow tires
    leather wrapped wheel
    a/c
    am/fm stero w/cassette
    light group
    4floor mats
    rusty Jones

it has the 16 slot wheels

it was sold on 11/30/1983 at Wagner ford in simsbury, Ct

And I'm guessing it got the Ziebart rust proofing as well
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

I'm not sure about the Ziebart rust proofing. I am not aware of what that is. I was listing off the options on the window sticker.

"Rusty Jones" is rustproofing.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Is there any way you can take a rag and some cleaner (WD-40, adhesive remover, paint thinner, etc.) to the door tag so I can see what the A/C code and whole TR code is? Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Hey fox chasis.....I tried to get a better door tag pic my it didn't come out well. Gotta try and clean it up a little better and I'll report back for the codes you asked for. A/c looks to be blank though I can't see anything there. I'll work on the rest of the TR.