Close

Default New Owner 1984 LTD LX

Hey everyone,
    Just picked up a ltd lx about a month ago...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437139547.257922.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  401.2 KB

So since purchasing...
    I have done 3G alternator upgrade
    Went high torque starter
    Did msd coil
    Mustang wheels

Only problem is now I believe I have a spun rid bearing... (Pushing old girl way to fast getting pregnant wife to the hospital in time)

So natural that means upgrade time... Anyone have advise on going to a 351? Issues with bolt up to the stock aod?

Thanks in advance and look forward to more chats

Welcome!. That's a great looking car. The only problem I see here is, not enough pictures.
    I don't have any advice, as mine is still waiting for me to put the engine and trans in and figure out the MAS EFI that was started but not finished. Is yours stock CFI still?
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Yea mine is still CFI, but I'm going to go carb... Just cause it's easier... A guy makes a wiring harness to make it easier to do the ego swap... It's Ron something harness... But it gives you everything you need to plug into the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyb937 View Post
    Anyone have advise on going to a 351? Issues with bolt up to the stock aod?
    It'll bolt up to the AOD just fine. But how do you feel about putting a cowl hood on an LTD LX?

There is an "Other Early Foxes" section on this site, just a little farther down from this section. We have
    a pretty good number of LTD and LTD LX owners hanging out there. Stop in and post up some pics.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

Default New Owner 1984 LTD LX

Sweet car. Looks to be in pretty good shape.

Getting rid of the CFI and going to carb or multipoint EFI will produce some good gains...no need for a 351. Can get pretty good power numbers out of a blower or turbo on the 302...and still keep the stock hood, as mentioned above.
    Last edited by never; 07-18-2015 at 01:11 AM.

I figured bang for the buck it would just be easier to go 351? What blower set up you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by JACook View Post
    It'll bolt up to the AOD just fine. But how do you feel about putting a cowl hood on an LTD LX?

There is an "Other Early Foxes" section on this site, just a little farther down from this section. We have
    a pretty good number of LTD and LTD LX owners hanging out there. Stop in and post up some pics.
    Sure thing I'll go check them out!