Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FEP Member

Ok. I'll take it for a spin tomorrow and see how it feels. I guess worst case is I could put on the other carb and see what happens. I'm running 93 non ethanol gasoline too.

I also removed the whole choke assy long ago. Housing, flaps, gutted the whole deal.
    Never ran good with it. Starts better without it. Even in winter. Manifold duct heat is not reconnected yet.
    Needs to be warmed up a few minutes but why not? Its not EFI or a bomber on alert.
    When cold, always stalls first couple stops in winter since day one.
    When cold, vac is around 16-17 and steady. Warm, will hit 18-19 steady. RPMs steady.
    That thing will idle at 500 dead cold with no help. Warm is usually 900 or 1100.

I quit running 93. Did back in the 80's when it was cheaper. Weaned it off the stuff.
    Nothing but 87 now since 2000. Tried blending E85 couple times, never straight, 1.00 or 2.
    Then crank up the boost to 7. Endless burnouts on blacktop.
    Did not like the smell and was worried about it eating up parts.

Engine comes alive about 3200, will cruise at 1300, level road, and pull from there in 4th no buck. Boost at 1800-up
    Current tire spin mark reg fuel 2800 rpm launch, pic post #275 (if you have not see this stuff already).
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-years!/page11

FEP Member

So once I get all of this sorted, what's a good manual boost controller and is there a good diagram for hooking them up? I have a boost gauge from a later 4 eye that I could use.

FEP Member

So I replaced the carb with a new one I had sitting in stock. I'm now pulling 15 inches of vacuum and runs a lot better. I'm thinking I was running too rich when I drilled out the jet holes for holley jets. i capped off the big hose on the waste gate as well.
    I do have another question though: What are the two ports on the driver's side of the carb for? They're S and E according to my vacuum diagram. S lookes plugged but E looks like it goes to a lot of places. But like I've said before; I've eliminated pretty much all the smag, egr, and what is "not" required. E looks like to go to a SA-FV, then to the VCV. I have the VCV ports on the turbo plugged off.

Lamont.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12