Close

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Hey - could always go 5 lug mesh wheels on the truck. Just for something different.

the wheels on it remind me of a wheel Toyota produced. I could be wrong about that. (May explain the MIA caps?)

And actually a 20" like the 2009-2010 Mountaineers and Explorers had available would look killer on that truck.

Or even just the less popular chrome clad 18's.

Or swap on some Lincoln logos and put on Blackwood or Aviator wheels? Would definitely make someone scratch their head.Name:  IMG_4933.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  72.9 KBName:  IMG_4934.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  86.1 KB

I always LOVED the one year only window chrome on my 08 Mountaineer!

super happy for you on getting the new to you truck!

I've been thinking about trading my MarkLT one of these days, but other than the Rousch F150's nothing even remotely tickles my fancy.....
    Last edited by erratic50; 11-13-2017 at 11:48 PM.

Weld Pro Stars ( I have lol) with some big lug mudders would look awesome on that Ranger!

Quote Originally Posted by GT 350 View Post
    Weld Pro Stars ( I have lol) with some big lug mudders would look awesome on that Ranger!
    How big? I might be looking at options lol.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post

the wheels on it remind me of a wheel Toyota produced. I could be wrong about that. (May explain the MIA caps

super happy for you on getting the new to you truck!

The wheels are a factory Ford Ranger wheel. It took awhile to find them as I guess they were not the most common ones installed. The fact that this truck is a Canadian import might make a difference.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Raptor, which I could have been approved for, but common sense said no. Was the same monthly payment, just a few more years added on. I didn’t want to pay that long. I’m happy with this little truck so far.
    Brock

Well, Brock that sucks about the being away from home and the having to buy a new ride. Hoping things start looking up for ya soon. The new Ranger looks nice though. So congrats on that. Know the car payment is a bummer ( just had to buy the wife a new DD this summer so know your pain ) but at least you have a reliable truck to drive. Keep your chin up my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    How big? I might be looking at options lol.
    I only have the wheels, 15x7 15x8

It's been a while but for the second year in a row, I have made the local Fox calendar. I have some work to do, but it is an honor the car gets love....especially locally. Now I almost missed it and this is the final one out of 3, but had I of been able to get with the photographer sooner I would have had the same result, just with less project cars.

Score one for the 8Q lovers! I got the cover photo and January!

[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/Hz6iXg]
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 12-14-2017 at 10:16 PM.
    Brock

Nice Brock! The cover too.

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Nice Brock! The cover too.
    I know hey! That's awesome! Way to go 8Q!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

It's weird. This is the first winter, since I've had this car, that I have not blown it apart to pieces just to work on it. In fact, I haven't done anything to it at all.

Yesterday I was looking at it in the garage and curiosity got to me, wondering if it would even start after sitting there untouched for the past 2 months. Hopped in, hit the key, and she fired off on the 3rd revolution. I would say that is all the EFI's doing and it looks to be a dang good purchase now! That led me to pull it out of the garage and let her run for awhile. I looked down the street and one of the dead ends looked like a good spot to take a photo, with its untouched snowpack. I crept down the street at a pace slower than a snail, to prevent any salt from getting on her, and took a few pictures. I sadly put her back in the garage afterwards, where she will probably sit for the remainder of the winter.

Last edited by 84StangSVT; 01-03-2018 at 09:00 AM.
    Brock

Couldn't stand it, huh Brock? Lol, That much work and then you have to let it sit all winter would be tough, I got to admit.

The car looks great though, good pictures

...so, keepn her?

I guess I missed the update....you got the engines swapped since you purchased the newer motor it sounds like?
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    I guess I missed the update....you got the engines swapped since you purchased the newer motor it sounds like?
    You haven't missed any updates Jason, as there has literally been none to do with work on the car. I have not touched this thing at all since I've been traveling a ton. The new motor is still on the stand, torn down to the block.

Hoping by March, that things will slow up a bit and I will only be traveling one week a month instead of the schedule I'm on currently. I'm hoping to have the new motor done by late spring, as I really need it and clutch work done before any more seriously long trips.
    Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Couldn't stand it, huh Brock? Lol, That much work and then you have to let it sit all winter would be tough, I got to admit.

The car looks great though, good pictures
    Thanks Dave. Luckily I'm gone a lot, so I don't have to see it much and think about it. It will be nice when things slow down and I have time to get back after it.
    Brock

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    ...so, keepn her?
    Yeah, she's not going anywhere. I spazzed out a bit at first, but I'm ready to rock and roll. I know I would kick myself later, especially since I only have one kid left at home. A couple more years and he will be out of the house also, leaving me there alone with mama. I will have to have my car as a form of meditation.
    Brock

FEP Supporter

Yeah, she's not going anywhere. I spazzed out a bit at first, but I'm ready to rock and roll. I know I would kick myself later, especially since I only have one kid left at home. A couple more years and he will be out of the house also, leaving me there alone with mama. I will have to have my car as a form of meditation.
    Great update to read!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

FEP Supporter

Car looks great!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by qikgts; 01-05-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    '85 GT

I should be able to confidently drive down there this summer, once I put a radio in. I'm much closer to crazy than sane and I need outside voices in my head not the inside ones. I'll buy the first coke

Still haven't done anything to her besides dust it of for a quick ride this weekend since it was a beautiful 60+F outside. Boy how I have missed driving this car even if I almost forgot how to drive her. I can't wait till spring is finally here to stay.

Brock

Oh.....and there might be a stablemate coming soon. I should know by the end of the week.
    Brock

Oh.....and there might be a stablemate coming soon. I should know by the end of the week.
    WHAT!!!!!!?

You almost got rid of this one last year! NOW you are adding another one!

You know the only thing crazier than this is guys that have like 7 Foxes and 2 other classics, but never drives any of them 'cause he is never home to work on them or he's building cars for other people!

Ok! Now I am speechless!
    Last edited by wraithracing; 03-06-2018 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Spelling
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    WHAT!!!!!!?

You almost got rid of this one last year! NOW you are adding another one!

You know the only thing crazier than this is guys that have like 7 Foxes and 2 other classics, but never drives any of them 'cause he is never home to work on them or he's building cars for other people!

Ok! Now I am speechless!
    It's a long story......

The short of it is a guy called me yesterday asking if I was interested in an 84 vert that his boss was getting rid of. Cost......literally next to nothing, or nothing at all depending. Waiting on specs, pics, condition or so forth, so nothing is guaranteed yet. It may or may not be the opportunity to save a "free" car.....or at least save parts from going to a crusher. Hopefully I will know more by tomorrow.

Believe me....I wasn't looking for another one and don't really want another one since I don't have time for the GT, but I have to at least explore this option proposed by a good local friend of mine.
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 03-06-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    Brock

OOOOOPSSSSSS!

Here's a sneak peek of the soon to be addition to the family. I know it's not a 4 eye, the person who gave the information was wrong....definitely not an 84. It might be a blessing that it is an aero, as any parts needed are easily obtained and/or reproduced.

I won't know for certain what I'm getting into at least the weekend, but I'm honestly hoping the car is fairly straight and solid. I'm only considering it simply for the fact is is an essentially "FREE" car.

How is it possible that this car is "FREE" to me? I guess luck and knowing the right people sometimes does crazy things.

Ironically, I'm kinda excited to see what I can do with it. The way I see it, it's an open canvas since it is nothing special.....unlike my 84.

Brock

Stroker and a 6-Speed?
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast