Getting down to business now! As much as I would love to take this whole car apart and do it right all at once, it's just not in the budget this year.......unless I hit the lottery tonight. My plan is to address the neediest parts of the body and get them shored up for a future repaint and get other items addressed so I can roll all next year without being as paranoid about water, rust and reliability.

Got the seam sealer out of the upper hatch corners and final prepped for repair. Glad to say that this should be easy.

Name:  DSC00635b.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  149.6 KBName:  DSC00636b.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  150.0 KB

I thought that maybe this seam should be sealed, but it was brought to my attention that it was not sealed from the factory and it could be sealed if wanted. If I was to seal it, I would need to take extra caution to make sure it was done in such a way to prevent water from standing on the top.

Name:  DSC00610paint.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  82.6 KB

I think my plan of action here will just be to clean it up really good, get some rust reformer on both sides of the seam (inside and outside of the roof skin) to help prevent any additional rusting and refinish.