Close

Question SVO Turbo Coolant/Heater Hose

Hello all,

Recently I purchased a 1985.5 SVO, which I have thoroughly enjoyed thus far. Last week as I was pulling into the parts store parking lot, to get my valve cover gasket, I smelt a burning coolant smell. As I opened my door I noticed coolant pouring out from under my car. Popping the hood I found the leak was from a hose going from the water pump to the turbo. To make due I grab a generic line from the store so I could get on my way, but it's leaking due to the size difference. I need help figuring out what other's are using, as I can't find this specific hose anywhere. Below is a photo of it, the previous owner also had the improper hose before I got the car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Are you talking about the short hose from the hard water line to the water pump or the two small lines from the turbo? For the Turbo, i brought the old hose to NAPA and got some high temp hose . Have had no problems. Also, please tell me about your A/C setup!

----------------------------------
    '85.5 SVO 1B
    '89 GT Convertible / 5 Speed (not a 4-eye, but I won't tell if you won't)
    '85 GT T-Top 5.0 / 5 Speed (sold)

There are a couple of threads around (one here I can't find right now) and one on SVOCOP that list part #'s for the replacements.
    : http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=hoses
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

FEP Member

Why don't you just go into a parts store and ask to see their hoses?

I'd just find a hose that is roughly the same diameter with a slight bend and buy it. You might have to get rid of the rest of the unneeded hose depending what you find but who cares. Ive had to do this several times as parts aren't always on hand but when its a daily driver you find ways to make it work.
    500+rwhp svo
    My project

FEP User

There is a molded hose for i believe a honda that has roughly 3 90* bends and 2 45* bends, it was about 12$ where i was, and i just cut it up and used the bends. beats having to buy a single bend at 8$ a pop. if you are cool with the parts store guy, he will let you look in the back at the hose rack and grab the one you need.

at o'riellys we have a molded hose for the 88 thunderbird turbo coupe that will work there for you

Sorry about the late response, all! Thank you for your help, I found what I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by dznj View Post
    Are you talking about the short hose from the hard water line to the water pump or the two small lines from the turbo? For the Turbo, i brought the old hose to NAPA and got some high temp hose . Have had no problems. Also, please tell me about your A/C setup!

dznj,

The previous owner did all the A/C setup, so I unfortunately don't know all that much about it. If you would like specific model numbers and such, let me know and I'll try to locate that information in either the paperwork he gave me or on the units/lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2.3Mustang View Post
    I'll have to bookmark this one. I was just thinking about heater hoses the other day.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible