Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI View Post
    I'm very interested by this "trx mod". Running regular tires on trx wheels would be fantastic!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...r-Bardstown-KY

Read up on this. Not modifying tires........ Not safe.

Center gets machined down to fit in the recessed area in 16" wheels (Centerline Billet Series is a good choice-pictured below):

Mount TRX centers to existing wheel with second set of lug nuts.

Picture these in gold on 225/50R16's (as seen in 2nd pic)

Last edited by conmech; 08-30-2015 at 11:30 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

That's pretty awesome. I'm a trx wheel horder so I printed that off and I'll add it to my binder of good stuff.

I feel like I have a lot of hard choices to make between originality and functionality but I'm leaning towards as original as possible.

FEP Supporter

That's pretty awesome. I'm a trx wheel horder so I printed that off and I'll add it to my binder of good stuff.

I feel like I have a lot of hard choices to make between originality and functionality but I'm leaning towards as original as possible.
    I talked to these guys in BC and they actually had (relatively) good prices on the Coker TRX tires. IIRC it was $378 CDN for 190/65 and $444 CDN for 220/55 plus they figured $25-30 per tire for shipping. http://www.collectorsautosupply.com/

I think they are a little out of my budget right now still but one day I will have a set of TRX wheels ready to put rubber on.

Thank you for that link. That would save a lot of money over importing from the US.

Here is the project that's been sucking up my time. I've been working hard all year to open up a new paint shop and it's finally open.

I'm pretty proud of my efforts. I now have a massive gated lot to stash future projects, parts cars and winter beaters without having to beg.
    Name:  2015-08-31 08.38.47.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  92.2 KB

I also have a beautiful spray booth (ok it's not quite finished). Not big enough for a whole car but will work for doors, fenders, hatches, hoods ect to keep me from going mental like I did last winter. I'll have to rig up a collapsable booth for entire cars later.

Name:  2015-08-31 08.19.44.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  89.9 KB

And finally, my automotive intermix system. I have my cheap blaster, my mig and now all this. It's officially play time. I put in many long and unpaid extra hours but talk about a pay off. It's been a long time since I've loved my job this much.

Name:  2015-08-31 08.19.20.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  97.4 KB

The shop looks great!

Congratulations!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Awesome progress!!!!! Where are you located where you have SO MUCH PROPERTY????

As for the TRX mod, Mike u[graded my front brakes to '87+ 4 lug which, IIRC, are larger diameter than original. 16" wheels are good for my application.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

FEP Supporter

Thank you for that link. That would save a lot of money over importing from the US.
    They are in Peachland outside of Kelowna. The guy I talked to was Matt and he had said 2-3 weeks for them to receive them after ordering. Maybe they can give us discount if you and I get a set together? Shipping may be cheaper to me and I could bring them up to you and you could show me your BM and your new shop!

Here is the project that's been sucking up my time. I've been working hard all year to open up a new paint shop and it's finally open.
    Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    Awesome progress!!!!! Where are you located where you have SO MUCH PROPERTY????
    Ah the wide open spaces of the prairies and a lot of Canada! We don't have nearly the population density you do Marshall

I live in a city of over a million but when you leave the city limits, you are literally in farm country not into another urban area!

Open space would be PERFECT for building a shop. LUCKY!!!!
    conmech - aka Marshall

Congratulations on the shop! Nothing like being happy doing what you do. All the best and lots of success!
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

82GTforME, that sounds good. If your willing to deliver I'll let you sort through my wheels and put together a set of the best wheels and center caps that I have stashed away. I'll pm you about it in the near future.

I should also be clear that I call it my shop, but I just run it. Everything belongs to the.company I've been working for for the last 15+ years. If I personally had that kind of cash flow I probably would have exploded in a firey ball of V8 Ariel Atom glory by now lol.

I had a really good day today. I woke up not realizing it was my birthday but by the time the day was over I had a good free chicken and rib dinner amd the shifter I got from tonysilver82 had arrived (yes!). On top of that my buddy stopped by and dropped me off a Sega Master System and a Doors cassette for cruising in the 82 GT that he got from the thrift store that he works at. All in all a great day.

Awesome..... Chicken and ribs? And I wasn't invited.....

Seriously, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Hope you have fun with the gifts.

Just out of curiosity, how many TRX wheels have you hoarded? Want more pics of Black Magic!!!!
    conmech - aka Marshall

How many wheels? Hmmm... I have a dozen here.. a set holding up a parts car and I think another set and a half sitting at my parents maybe. I see people asking big money for them but in my experience they are wheels that you can't even give away. Oh well. More for me.

I've been pretty discouraged lately. I was supposed to have more free time this month but have ended up working 60 -70 hour weeks and on the rare occasion that I do have the time and the energy the weather is always working against me. Like big time. I decided that if I had time to do anything with it it was just going to be getting it ready for long term storage. I know next summer is going to be just as busy as this one so who knows how long it'll be until I get at this thing.... I plan to buy another Fox in the spring but it can't be a project. I want a V8 / manual driver... maybe an 86 RS or 79 Pace car / Cobra. Something I can just enjoy driving.

So anyways I shouldn't be negative. I'm lucky I have the car and it isn't going anywhere right?

I woke up this morning and once again after a week of lovely weather where I didn't have a moments free time I finally have another day off and it's ****ing ****ty outside (shocker). It's dry though... probably not for long but enough is enough. I haven't even run the ***-****ing thing yet so I rounded up what few tools I have here that haven't been lost stolen or broken by some super considerate *********, check the fluids, drop a battery in and get my buddy to film it.

Man she started up easy and is running pretty good without even being tuned up! I'm trying to upload the vid to youtube as we speak so hopefully I can link it later.

I feel much better now. Thanks for listening .

That 82 GT look very familiar...lol. Great work on the BM. The drivers floor turned out better then I thought it would.
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

Thanks. With all the grinding and welding it kind of looks like frankenstiens scrotum but I think it'll be ok.

How can you tell BLUECRAPI has the weekend off? That's right, it's cold and wet with the occasional bit of white stuff floating through the air. I've really been feeling the pre winter depression kicking in lately, but I'm not going to let it get me down today. I have too much to do. I need to get my Dad's garage cleared out for the 82 GT to rest in for the winter and I need to get the parts car over to Leduc because my buddy just has no interest in dealing with it. When that's all done I want to start pulling things off the BM and bring them inside so I can work through the cold.

I thought I had checked over everything before running the car but noticed an alarming amount of coolant was sitting under the car. After killing myself trying to find a non existant leak I decided the only thing to do was run it again and watch carefully...

Name:  2015-09-27 10.29.12.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  95.2 KB

Oops! What a bone head move! At least it's an easy fix lol.

I finally decided to get off my butt and get a pic of the BT. This is one of those really have to look for the black tag in the black car deals. I've always hated Where's Waldo. As a kid I always wondered why they never released Here's Waldo: We've Saved You the Trouble.

Name:  2015-10-03 10.43.08.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  99.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    Want more pics of Black Magic!!!!
    Ummm, still waiting.... patiently, I think.

Congrats on "Finding Waldo", lol.
    conmech - aka Marshall

I also am feeling the winter blues kicking in and haven't messed with cars to much the past week, just gloomy and getting cooler. Darn...

Too bad you guys couldn't move West for the winter.....

Load up the Black Magics and work in warmer weather.
    conmech - aka Marshall

[ATTACH]91009[/ATTACH

I knew the rear seat was sitting loose in the back so I pulled it this morning....

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It's all supposed to come out as one peice! Why god?! WHY??!!

Maybe that's a bit dramatic. Actually it gives me one more thing I can do inside while it's cold. It just irritates me when people yank stuff apart without putting any thought into it.

Also, what's up with that third rear seat belt? You think someone had car car seat in this or something? Everything but the buckle seems to match everything else. Never seen that before.

]
    Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    I also am feeling the winter blues kicking in and haven't messed with cars to much the past week, just gloomy and getting cooler. Darn...
    It sucks doesn't it? It's cold out today. All you can do is enjoy what you can while you can. When you have a moment a would like to see sone pics of the 83 if it isn't too much trouble.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lol. You might be cold.... we are trying to rid ourselves of a drought. Not alot of outside work happening.

Attachment 91012
    conmech - aka Marshall

Ouch. Rodent food?
    conmech - aka Marshall

https://youtu.be/lmMjul3LUr8

Just for you Darcy.

Sent from Blainer's Phone
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

Ha ha omfg that's the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life!

No Marshall, I don't think so. It looks to have been torn off. I seached behind the insulation and looked deep with a flashlight but I'm afraid she's gone.

Doesn't look the the cars ever been infested with rodents. Now that I've had a chance to behind everything I can say that this thing is "junkyard" dirty inside, thankfully I have nothing grim to report.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast