Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What kind of spiders? How many do you think are living in there?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

A few different kinds, I don't know a lot about spiders but nothing you wouldn't normally see in Alberta. It didn't bother me much at first, but now there's hundreds of little tiny baby ones.

Probably harmless but it's just a bit too much.

FEP Member

I hate spiders too.
    Last edited by FUKAZ28; 06-29-2015 at 11:22 AM.

hopefully the spiders don't stink it up like mice do...
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

Quote Originally Posted by onetrackrider View Post
    hopefully the spiders don't stink it up like mice do...
    Think id take spiders over mice any day!!! Lol
    my bm was invested with them... ewwwww

Yeah I'm not worried about the spiders, every part of this car will come apart at some point during this project. Just gave it a good spray and they were dying on contact. I'll hit it again later when the rain let's up.

I haven't come across any evidence that a rodent has ever made it's way into the car so I won't be complaining too much about the spiders.

Name:  2015-07-01 12.41.41.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  99.8 KB

I was planning on pulling the back half of the interior today but I forgot my tools at work. I decided to start cleaning the exposed floor boards
    After seeing the staining on the seat I wasn't suprised to see the way the drivers side looks. Just going to sand it and hit it with a rust converter for now. It hasn't rusted through but will require future attention. I don't know if you can see it in the pic but someone has welded a stress crack behind the drivers seat. Someone had fun in this car.

Name:  2015-07-01 12.42.21.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  93.7 KB

The shifter was out when I purchased the car. I feel like this was why it ended up sitting as long as it did. The leather boot is ruined and I feel like I'm missing a 1/2" plate where it bolts up.... and the knob is ruined too. Looks like I'm in the market for a new shifter assembly. Shouldn't be an issue with all the t5 swaps right?

Name:  2015-07-01 12.43.41.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  99.3 KB

Finally though I'd take a pic under the hood. I haven't even tried to fire her up yet. This weekend I think I'm going to pick up a battery, cables, set of plugs, wires, distributer cap and filters and see if I can get it purring like a Mercury Cat.

I have personal experience with spider sprays. Hot Shot works wonders. Spray, killed within 30 seconds or so, vacuum out a day or two later.

What trans is in your BM? Throwing a Hurst in my 20th and will have shifter to get rid of.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Great project.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

I used Raid Max Spider Blaster. Worked really well.

The trans is an srod. I know if I'm patient I'll find what I'm looking for. I haven't gotten to the brakes yet so I'm not in a huge rush to find one.

After spending time with the floor boards I've decided to grind the previous welds down and run a few of my own. If it comes down to it I have a doner car with a nice clean floor. So many of these cars are built out of multiple cars now that I'd like to try to fix whats there first.
    Last edited by BLUECRAPI; 03-13-2018 at 08:04 PM.

How's the Black Magic coming along?
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

want pics!!!!!
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Honestly I've spent very little time with the car since my last post... I haven't started it yet and I still need to go pinch a bunch of parts for the bm off a donor car sitting out at my friends place.

I've been working hard over the last few months to open a new shop up just outside of Nisku and it's eaten up most of my time and energy. Should be open by next Friday so hopefully I can spend more time with the car. I still have to get the vinyl seats out of the 4.2 GT and get my leather ones in so I might have to tackle that first.

If nothing else I'll try and get a few more pics up during the week.

Looking forward to seeing them.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

86caprirs

Bluecrapi...You are in Alberta? Where you located? I am looking to buy a Capri from BC also. I know what you mean about the spiders there.

Yup. I'm in Sherwood Park, just outside of Edmonton.

BC cars are great. Less rust, good glass... just spray it asap.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-19-2015 at 07:52 AM.

86caprirs

I was in Sherwood park for a month when I worked in EDM. The roads really were in terrible shape. I am Just east of Calgary in Chestermere. I probably need to get parts for sure. I know the fender is damage a bit on this car. It is sitting in a field south of Kelowna. I just need to drive out and get it. Glad I met you, I am going to watch this build.

My 83 bm has almost the exact repair on the floor, but I guess most of these cars did.

86caprirs: The roads here have been miserable. Every single road between Sherwood Park and Edmonton had been under contruction for what feels like years. Thankfully I no longer need to make that drive. Let me know if you end up needing a good fender

I have to help a friend get his car running today and then I'm hoping to go round up a few parts for myself.

So I've been really busy with work and most of my free"car time"has involved working on my friends 79 Capri but I did make it out to the parts car. I probably won't get back to it for a while but I still need the tail light lenses.
    Name:  2015-08-09 15.09.41.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  95.6 KB

I thought it was cool that this was parked beside me when I came out of Canadian Tire when we were buying parts for the 79.
    Name:  2015-08-02 15.42.05.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  98.8 KB

I wanted to show the inside of the hatch. I've seen these things with rear wipers before but I'd never seen the big hump on the inside.
    Name:  2015-08-03 14.02.44.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  94.8 KB

Since I don't have much else to report, here's a picture of the door tag. The seller told me it was originally a US car... Even before decoding the little Canadian sticker was a give away. She also said the car could stand on it's rear wheels and that the T-Tops didn't leak... ha ha.. No fibs required to sell this car. They had me at Black Magic.
    Name:  2015-08-03 14.03.23.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  96.1 KB

Please no discussions of buying/selling/ or parting out cars in this thread.

Please conduct any buying/selling via PM or post the appropriate ads in the Classified section.

Thanks!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

86caprirs

PM was sent.

Name:  2015-08-30 11.10.32.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  98.9 KB

Things have been calming down for me over the last week and I've been poking at the BM a little bit. I've been solvent wiping, sanding, rust coverting and spot priming all over the car in an attempt to prevent any further deterioration while I pick away at this thing.

Most importantly I've started going to town on the floor. I feel like I'm 90% on the passenger side and 75% on the drivers side. I'll post a close up of the drivers side once I reach a higher level of satisfaction with the repair.

Name:  2015-08-29 16.29.41.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  100.2 KB

Would love to have a Black Magic......gold wheels included Especially knowing how to do the TRX mod.
    Last edited by conmech; 08-30-2015 at 07:14 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall

I'm very interested by this "trx mod". Running regular tires on trx wheels would be fantastic!

I must say though that there is just something about the look of an actual trx tire that is just so right that I'm not sure if I would go that route with it.

Name:  2015-04-20 13.53.29.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  99.3 KB

The price of the tires used to really get me down but these days a set of trx's isn't that far off from a set of sticky summer tires for my 14 and I've outgrown melting and grinding my tires down (mostly).

I'm thinking it'll be the last step on the BM, but when I have my gold wheels restored and rubber mounted I'll do 5 instead of 4 and keep rotating 1 out every 5000km so that if something bad happens to one it won't be so tragic.

I'm pretty pumped because tomorrow I'm going to show you all what I've been putting all my time and energy into the last while and explain how it relates to any future projects of mine so please stay tuned!

edit: Ha ha. Uploaded the wrong pic but I guess it has a trx in it. I also just saw that yellow Capri again. Oh buddy f**k do I ever want one of those!
    Last edited by BLUECRAPI; 08-30-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast