Close

Threaded View

Default Bringing back to life two 1979 Mustangs in France !

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and thought this was the ideal forums to talk about my new project. I just recently aquired three 1979 Mustangs !
    I found the ad on Thursday night, went to look at them on Wednesday and put a down placement immediately. They're very original, overall very clean inside and out, but have sat in a large dry hangar for over 25 years !
    These were really cheap but the seller had some trouble selling them because he wanted all three gone in one sale. He refused several offers for the hatchback only because of that.

They're not the "fast" 5.0s models, but they're all original export models from Belgium, with the 180kph/110mph speedometer and paddle mirrors.

The white Ghia hatchback is the best of the bunch, it's has a 2.8L V6 and an auto transmission, and besides some body damage, is very very nice and the interior is pretty much mint :

The copper notchback has a 2.3L L4 with a four speed, it features the original sunroof does have some rust on the DS quarter panel and the trunk lid. The driver seat has some tears :

The red notchback has a very nice red interior, cloth is a bit washed, and has an aftermarket sunroof. It's also equipped with the base 2.3L L4 and the four speed manual :

The plan is to get them up and running and good enough looking at a minimal cost, but doing things right and carefully.

They all feature the TRX wheels, which will be replaced for obvious tire cost reasons. Luckily the 4x108 bolt patterns offers a huge choice of wheels. Do the TRX rims mean they all have the TRX suspension package ?

All the work will be done by myself, I have already restored a 1984 Trans Am HO 5 speed, and have a 1974 Firebird Formula 400 on the way.

They're not home yet but should be by the end of the month. Now I can only hope not to get some bad surprises upon looking deeper inside these cars.

I don't know a lot about Mustang, but I've always loved the early Fox models, they're among my favorites with the 69-70 and 71-73 models. I hope to find the information I need here !
    Last edited by SuperDuty455; 09-19-2016 at 07:17 AM.