Close

Threaded View

Default '84 Tu-Tune - 5C / 1E Resto Mod Project

Well, just dropping in to start this thread ... a project for my younger son, Cameron Lee.

This is the first Fox Body Cameron obtained soon after his older brother Cory nailed an 89 GT 5 speed car. Just a little humor to add ... Cam was very competitive, blew his brother out of the water acquiring four cars total. We have three cars here which belonged to Cam ... each has a dedicated future here in his memory.

Name:  84_1.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  91.4 KB

The formerly 2.3L 84 is painted over as are many, over time he and I did engine, chassis, brake, and drive train upgrades to her in preparation for daily driver intent. One day picking up some parts, Cam spotted a car for sale in a guys yard just around the corner from where we just left. long story short. Cameron and I cut a deal with James on a 90 Coupe equipped with a fresh carb'd 306 build mated to TCI C4 driveline goodies.

Name:  l (46).jpg
Views: 544
Size:  57.9 KB

This became then his car of choice that week, soon to be followed by two more, and that sweet 1984 Tu-Toner consequently was placed on what I like to call ... Man-A-Pause.

Several years have passed since joining this forum in 2009, significant life changing events have occurred, and now I am slowly getting back on board, so to speak. As a family, we intend to complete my son's three cars with this 4 Eye being very important to me. This next photo represents a day when I completed several key changes at a friends shop ... brought her home, and as the story goes, two days later she went into storage until now.

I AM BACK AND PULLING WRENCHES AGAIN SOON!

Name:  84_12.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  88.9 KB

I am confident we are surrounded by a wonderful group of guys willing to both help and enjoy my journey - Thanks to everyone in advance.
    Last edited by StangItMan; 06-04-2015 at 11:53 AM.
    Featured 4 Eye: 84 Tu-Tone 5C/1E - Dedicated project resto-mod for my son Cameron Lee. :tu

4 Eye past:83 GT - project, traded for a boat load of goodies to finish other cars.
    86 Coupe - Gave to a friends son - being restored. 86 GT - Gave to another friends son ... finished.
    Our Current Fords: 66 F100/FE, 84 Coupe/Tu-Tone(5C-1E), 87 Coupe/408 drag car, 89 GT/347, 90 Coupe/347/Supercharger, 94 Ranger, 98 Explorer/5.0, 04 Cobra SVT, and ...

Ford Fun-a-tic / Lithia, Florida