Close

Default Does anyone make full Door Skins for the early foxes?

I just pulled the passenger door apart on my 1982 GT (because the latch broke). Inside the door I see bondo that has seeped through a bunch of holes someone drilled to pull out dent right at the line where the door molding goes . Since my car is a manual window car, it is kind of hard to find a replacement (and my car is a Texas car so it is not rusty). Does anyone make full door skins for these cars? I can only find partial ones so far (they are for the bottom half of the door).
    1982 Mustang GT - Black with Red Interior
    Engine: Former 306 with AFR 185's, F Cam, RPM Air Gap, Barry Grant 650, Ford Racing shorties, and MSD 6AL. Coming soon a 408. Transmission: Broader Performance C-4 with Reverse Manual Valve body and Ultimate Convertor Concepts 3500 Stall.
    Rearend: 8.8 with 3.73 Gears and Moser Axles.

I don't believe anyone offers a full skin at this time. IMHO, it will be easier to replace the door with a good used one rather than skin your original. Should be easy enough to find in Texas too.

Best of Luck!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Thanks. .I was afraid of that. I'll start watching for a door. In college my roommate was re-doing a 69 Mach one and I talked him into replacing the door skins because we had just done 70 Camaro door in Auto Body. After we ground the skins off we found out no one made them yet. Don't want to make that mistake again.
    Engine: Former 306 with AFR 185's, F Cam, RPM Air Gap, Barry Grant 650, Ford Racing shorties, and MSD 6AL. Coming soon a 408. Transmission: Broader Performance C-4 with Reverse Manual Valve body and Ultimate Convertor Concepts 3500 Stall.

You can swap all of your manual window parts to a power door.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Thanks - I was wondering that. I figured that because I found manual regulators for the 1988 GT I got my seats from (it was an acquaintance from the Mustang board).