Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Last time I drove my car I had a complete Walker 2 1/4" system on it with the Super Turbos. It definitely droned at highway speed though it wasn't terrible. I picked them because they were quieter than the Flowmasters everyone else was running at the time and flowed better as well.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

are you SURE they flow better? i had them those for a week but they made my car feel noticeably slower. i blame the way they route the internals with the pipe in the way on the center in offset out. the pipe is right in the way of the flow. they were nice and quiet though.

i think you guys ARE just getting old
    Last edited by rob342; 06-01-2015 at 08:35 AM.
    i have a 1992 GT, 4.10, 5spd.

Before I bought them, one of the magazines at the time (this was the late 90s) had a comparison of all the muffler brands and how much they improved or hurt horsepower. Super Turbos were first or second on the list.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

FEP Senior Member burntorange84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rob342 View Post
    are you SURE they flow better? i had them those for a week but they made my car feel noticeably slower. i blame the way they route the internals with the pipe in the way on the center in offset out. the pipe is right in the way of the flow. they were nice and quiet though.

i think you guys ARE just getting old
    Not sure what's that from, but Mustang Super Turbo's don't enter/exit from the center. Mine enter on one end and exit on the other end.

With a stock H pipe and 2.5 inch Dynomax super turbo's, I have a bit of a drone at ~2000 rpm. I'm adding some sound deadening material under the rear seats to help ease that on long trips...otherwise I like the sound.

-j

I have the FM Force IIs on my 86. The idle is nice but the run through the gears and cruise are not obnoxious. Being a 3-chamber is probly not the best for power, but a stock 86 5.0 is a little shy anyway. I have 14 year-old Borlas on my 01 Cobra. Now that is a great does-it-all muffler with a million-mile warranty.

This is an old video of my SVO when it had 3" single exhaust with a Dynomax muffler. It was too ricey for me. Sorry for the poor video quality. Old camera and I bumped the setting wheel before starting the recording.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWzj4sRRG7c

Here is the same car but I installed a y-pipe and dual Flowmasters to some stock 2 1/8" stainless tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uy5GUkOoUE
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

I've.always.liked.this one:

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Dc1iFcur1Uw

It almost makes me want to change out my stock muffler...almost.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12