Close

FEP Senior Member

Default NOS Ford Motorsport M-12071-A301 Harness

New in box, Ford Motorsport SVO engine harness for carb car. Part number is M-12071-A301.
    $150

Attachment 85053Attachment 85052
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

FEP Senior Member

This is still for sale. I also have a NOS injector harness for sale. PM me if interested.
    Mike
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!

FEP Senior Member silver85horse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    This is still for sale. I also have a NOS injector harness for sale. PM me if interested.
    Mike

What year/engine/tranny combo would this be for? Thanks.

FEP Senior Member

Carb'd 5.0 with Duraspark & T5.

FEP Senior Member silver85horse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    Carb'd 5.0 with Duraspark & T5.
    PM'ing you.

Per a Motorsports catalog pic in the following thread, this harness is not compatible with the factory Duraspark II ignition module. True? If so, does anyone know why?

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...Explain-please
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Per the '92 FMS catalog, page 88, it appears to be the wiring harness for the Ignition Control Module M-12199-C301 "Extra Performance Ignition Module. Replaces Ford Duraspark II units...4-cylinder, 6-cylinder and V8's. Provides increased spark energy over production Duraspark II module and coil...Must be used with coil M12029-A302..."

All three parts (module, coil, and harness) in the same box under one heading.

Mike

FEP Senior Member

It has the connections for the Dura Spark box, so not sure why it couldn't be used.

The FMS catalog also notes it is not compatible with a factory duraspark II module. I don't know why - no resistor wire maybe? When you install the M-C301 box with the factory harness you add a 12v supply to it. I would have to find the instructions when I get home to be sure.
    Mike
    Last edited by JKengineering; 06-24-2015 at 12:23 PM.

FEP Senior Member

Still for sale. $150 shipped to lower 48. Getting hard to find this item.