Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hey guys, new to this site and found it researching the marquis LTS. I ordered one of these fine cars back in 1985 for my father. He was purchasing it but being a 20 something year old ford car guy I stumbled upon this car in the media. I talked him into ordering one from a dealer in Nova Scotia Canada(?cant remember exact one now but thinking Mahone Auto in Mahone Bay N S. )
    When the car came my parents were a bit unhappy as this car rode kind of stiff. They were in their early 60's at the time. It was charcoal in color, had the 5.0 with a 4 speed auto overdrive. It had Goodyear Eagle GT tires and different rims kind of soft flexible parts. I remember crawling under it and noticing a tag on the front sway bar the said Mustang!
    I drove the car on quite a few occasions and Iit worked really good. Tight handling, peppy for that time frame, and different. I can't remember the hp ratings but I'm thinking 157 or 165 or 175, can't recall. He owned the car for 4 years, we put rear winter wheels/tires on it for the winter and with the posi it was something like a mustang in the snow. It was a fun ride, can't remember how fast I pushed it one day but it got down the road.
    He traded the car in 1989 for a t-bird at Evangline Ford in Kentville N S. I don't know what ever happened to that car but after reading how rare they are makes me feel kind of happy to have ordered, driven and cared for one. I would definitely like to have it now, must see if I can locate some pictures of it for a good keep sake.

FEP Senior Member

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWbvFsFxjPw

Sorry, Fearnot. Summer taking up too much time. Not much computer time lately.
    Check out the youtube video.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    It isn't... It appears to be molded from urethane and it seems to have shrunken with age. Bad news is... it's a one-year-only grille and specific to the LTS. Good news is... I found THREE (!!!) NOS grilles on the locator! For that matter, I've also found both LTS-specific taillamp lenses, both LTD LX/Marquis LTS specific headlight doors, and a horn pad, all NOS, already! Life as a Ford Parts Guy is good !
    I just stumbled across this thread. Would you be interested in selling one of the grills or headlight buckets? I'd LOVE to have some LTS parts on my Marquis wagon!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234