Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your backyard and pool look really great. My landscaping for both the front and back yards will have to wait until next year. My main drive is to get the addition built and dried in before the fall. I can do the interior stuff over the winter. I also plan on re-plumbing the entire house myself and renovating the master bath at the same time.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Thanks! We've had the pool for the past 4 years and the lawn for the past 7. If you saw it before then, you wouldn't want to look at it. LOL! Good luck on your improvements and post more pic's as you go!
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

A few months back I did a new HW maple floor (pre-finished) in our living room and repainted the walls from a light blue to something more neutral. This has been on the wife's honey-do list for a while now. Glad it's done....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Holly Crap where should I start!

I have done so much work in the last year since we moved in it is not even funny!

I added a 200 square foot Shed that I built from scratch.

Street view

I Also did a retaining wall that added 1000 square feet to the back yard!

I put in RV parking for my 25' Sea Ray Cabin cruiser

I also added a 8' tall 4 tier fountain where I made all the space with the wall!

I still have a ton of work to do, like getting the lawn back to normal in the backyard, putting pavers around the fountain, installing all the patio Malibu lighting (I did the conduit for it when I did the wiring for the fountain), putting in a patio cover and all the new plants behind the new retaining wall. Now I just need to talk the wife into ditching the kids play set so I can put in the 3000 gallon Koi pond and water fall I want! LOL Figure I have at least 5 years of looking at the play set eye sore!

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

Joe, your hardwood flooring looks nice! Is it the Bruce brand? There's something to be said for hardwood flooring. I've got it in all 3 of my bedrooms, hallway, and living room. I love the look of it.

Robert, I hear ya on the swing set. LOL! I couldn't wait for my kids to be old enough to where they weren't using it anymore and then I chopped it up with a Sawzall and threw the pieces into my dumpster at work. Your yard will look great when it's all finished.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    11.49 @ 121.86

307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    Joe, your hardwood flooring looks nice! Is it the Bruce brand? There's something to be said for hardwood flooring. I've got it in all 3 of my bedrooms, hallway, and living room. I love the look of it.

Robert, I hear ya on the swing set. LOL! I couldn't wait for my kids to be old enough to where they weren't using it anymore and then I chopped it up with a Sawzall and threw the pieces into my dumpster at work. Your yard will look great when it's all finished.
    I have to agree about the hardwood floors. The downstairs floors were a major selling point when we bought our house this time last year. Luckily they were just installed right before we bought our place and they are virtually brand new still. The entire upstairs is carpet in the living areas and in the formal dining room downstairs. I am trying to decide if I want to keep the carpet or upgrade to wood.

I still have more stuff I want to do to my car LOL

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

Robert, I think you need a nap...
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

What have I done to my house lately???

Lived in it and mowed the damn grass.

ALL 11 acres!
    Last edited by vintageracer; 05-25-2015 at 09:43 AM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

In the process of doing full L.E.D. conversion

Wife's' reading room

Hall

Dining area

Kitchen

Old kitchen lighting

Old lighting in all converted rooms were like kitchens old lighting, flood light type of bulb. Can feel the heat radiating off them. New lighting is "day light" coloring, looks like solar tubes (round versions of sky lights). Estimated cost for use rated at about $1.14 per year per bulb. replaced 12 bulbs total..... so far.
    Last edited by conmech; 05-27-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Got estimates for new windows (Andersen) and siding - talk about sticker shock! It will probably cost about one quarter of the amount that I paid to build the house 30 years ago.

my range hood stopped working and after getting fed up with it I beat it off the cabinet with my fist, LOL. waiting on the replacement to arrive
    *FOXTOBERFEST* 2015 http://www.foxmustangrestoration.com/events
    85 T Top coupe 5.0 2R red, E7's, rpm intake, 4180 carb, 7.4 1/8
    83 CC capri 5.0 5 speed,black mesh wheels
    76 cobra II 302 auto black/gold, big cam 3 inch dumps- sold to a good friend
    92 coupe 5.0 5 speed -red
    92 Lx hatch 5.0 5 speed -black, 66 coupe 5.0 4 spd (project)
    87 Vert 5.0 AOD red stock as a rock

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"

Thanks Pete. I bought it as a close out special from Home Depot. Its not Bruce, but I don't remember the brand. But it is true 3/4" thick and it is pre-finished so it was reasonably easy to put down....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

one piece vinyl flooring (no seams, even where it goes into the closet). Here's a pic.

I like that. It looks like ceramic tile. I'd been wondering if they make anything like that. I hate ceramic tile! (But don't mind the look.) They often break free of their adhesion, and give a hollow sound or worse... They're easy to break, they make a room louder, they have a hard surface which might break something you've dropped, whereas it might've survived landing on carpet or a softer type of hard-flooring. Only people I know who like them, all own tile saws...
    Last edited by grabbergreen84; 05-25-2015 at 01:47 AM.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

I haven't done anything other than buy the new house and try to finish moving in.

But here is the view out of my dining room window on Friday with a thunderstorm moving in.

Name:  IMG_1375.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  99.7 KB

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

WOW, Trey...... JUST WOW!!!!

When can I move in?
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    WOW, Trey...... JUST WOW!!!!

When can I move in?
    Thanks!

After my teenage daughters move out for college.

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Yesterday I stripped a bunch of the vinyl siding off one area under my deck where I was having trouble with water getting in around a window. Then I used some of the pre-faded pieces to replace some pieces I broke in other areas with the plow and weed trimmer. Pressure washed the front of the house, and used some body filler to repair a plastic fluted corner where the door swung open and punched a hole in it. Planted some grass in a few bare patches too. Needless to say I was a bit beat at the end of the day. We had a local realtor come by last week and look the place over. It'll be on the market after I fix a few more things and replace some joists under the deck. Then I'm not sure what we're going to do which is killing me. My wife wants to build again, and I only want to move once. But everything in our price range needs tons of work to really be what we want. Might be renting for a while...
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Quote Originally Posted by grabbergreen84 View Post
    I like that. It looks like ceramic tile. I'd been wondering if they make anything like that. I hate ceramic tile! (But don't mind the look.) They often break free of their adhesion, and give a hollow sound or worse... They're easy to break, they make a room louder, they have a hard surface which might break something you've dropped, whereas it might've survived landing on carpet or a softer type of hard-flooring. Only people I know who like them, all own tile saws...
    Thanks! I probably could have done it cheaper if I had used tile. It's not a cheap version of linoleum flooring and it's near the higher end of linoleum flooring. I do like tile but I've repaired a few tiled areas in my mother's old kitchen floor and it was enough for me to not want it in my home. Plus, I never liked the look of the grout after it's had dirt ground into it. I also hate seams so a one piece floor was essential for me.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    11.49 @ 121.86

307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Granted I'm just a spectator but all the stumps were dug out this morning. It was a bit tricky getting the truck / trailer / bulldozer backed up the driveway. He has now gone to lunch with his Wife and to get his dump truck to haul the stumps away. But the sky is about to open up again so it may be tomorrow before he comes back. He also does septic work so I'll most likely get him to do my septic field modification(s). Plus he said he can dig out the hill for the foundation once the retaining wall is built along the right side property line.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

More.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

It's a lot of work getting those trees down and the stumps pulled. We've already removed 36 trees from my property over the past 21 years and you can't even really tell. I've got a few more that will need to go soon too. I'm not looking forward to the cost - again!
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    11.49 @ 121.86

307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Stumps be gone. This guy also does septic work so I've given him a verbal OK on modifying my field. It could start as early as tomorrow or Friday. He also has contacts on foundations so they'll be getting me a quote.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

This past weekend, I added some rose bushes. I buy those Knockout Rose Bushes (usually at Lowes) -- and cluster them close together. By doing that, I end up with a giant bush covered in hundreds of roses.

Update: I don't believe that my new lawn guy is as happy with all the new trees as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by dburdyshaw View Post
    Since I bought the house in Arkansas, I have planted trees there ---- a few each year ---- including about 10 this year (from some Japanese Maples to Oak Trees).

My commercial: I would like to encourage everyone to plant trees. They are important to our planet -- and (IMHO) they make a house look better. I have belonged to the Arbor Day Foundation since I was a teenager -- and I believe in their work. We now return to our regular programming.
    13 Dodge Dart
    09 Shadow Sabre
    08 Caliber
    05 Aztek
    02 Avalanche
    02 Thunderbird
    01 Cadillac ETC
    98 Explorer
    96 Suzuki X-90
    89 Fleetwood
    89 Continental
    88 Town Car
    86 Silverado
    84 Fiero
    83 Town Car
    82 LN7
    82 EXP
    80 Mustang
    65 Continental
    62 Galaxie 500
    54 Packard

Stock never goes out of style.

Now that's a sweet truck! However, I'd lose the Outlaw wing over the grill. I wonder if it's running a Cat.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

We built our house 22 years ago and have never had a deck/patio. That all changed in the last week. Now my wife has the deck she always wanted along with lots and lots of mulch and flowers and stuff! The pool has a new liner. She has always reminded me that the garage is the same square footage as the house. Now; I could be content and be happy that she's happy but....maybe garage addition?
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast