Close

Default Blue Oval trunk/hatch emblem

It it supposed to have mounting pins, or no?

I've found emblems the right color, but some.have three.mounting pins and a couple don't. Which is correct? My blue oval emblems are hopelessly clouded and faded and in need of replacement.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

I just changed both front and back. The trunk is a stick-on and i'm pretty sure it had 3 locating pins. I'll take a look at the old one, to confirm. The front one has pins for sure held on by two nuts.
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

The rear one does have locating pins.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Bryan, both the front and back originally had pins. You can buu replacements that are the same size but they are usually stick on. The problem with replacements is that they are not the correct color blue. They are more the shade of the modern ford oval emblem. A darker blue. I may may have some of the lighter blue, used emblems in good shape. I'll check and let know.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

I know that the front one definitely has mounting pins and even a nut on the backside of the grille. Back when i bought the car, I didn't realize about the color difference and bought an aftermarket replacement, which is a dark blue. I've got a handle on some good condition used emblems...NOS emblems are hard to find and danmed expensive.

I hate looking at these cloudy, faded emblems and would like to replace these as soon as I can. I'm planning on repainting my grille, so it would be an important item when I do that.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Bryan,
    This is what I have. I have 2 of them and I would say they are very good used condition. PM me if you are interested.

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  53.4 KB
    Name:  003.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  57.4 KB
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited