Close

Default left marker light out

hey guys i finally got around to making my car legal and i have an electrical issue. my left front marker light doesnt work. im no electrical wiz but im pretty sure its a ground issue. can anyone tell me, or have a picture with the ground locations for the marker light circuit? ive searched but schematics dont really help me. its an 85 gt. thanks in advance.

Probably on the radiator support. Are you sure the socket is OK? I think the socket pigtail only runs a few inches before connecting (plugging in) to the light harness. You could check to be sure it's connected...
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Should be a small ground and screw on each corner of the radiator support near the lights area near the rubber adjustable hood stop. Spray the socket with WD40 if it's got corrosion in the socket. Use a multimeter or light test probe to see if you have current 12v at the socket or connector.

Changed the pigtail. No change. Circuit tester lit up but the bulb wouldn't. I went over all the ground locations and cleaned the battery. Bulb lit up. Just weird that one bulb wouldn't light up. Now it's time to upgrade the alternator and relay the headlamps because I can't see anything at night. Thanks for the input.

Check the bulb socket. I had one the ground tab inside it broke off.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

The marker lights run off the same feed as the parking light filament in the combination parking/turn signal
    light. And as mentioned, all the front lights on each side share a common ground, at the top of the radiator
    support. One on each side.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune