Close

Default Yet another Newb with an 84 GT350 T-top

Hey everyone! I've been in the Mustang scene for a long time now but left it a few years ago. Then one day while I was cruising around on C-list I found this little gem, an all original (minus the wheels) 84 GT350 T-top 5.0 5 speed with 46k miles.

The story is the guy bought it new in 84, had a ton of health issues and it sat for a long time. He ended up giving it to a relative that hated the car and sold it to a family friend who ultimately got it to running condition. Apparently it had sat so long the fuel in the tank was pretty much a gelatinous goo, so he replaced the tank, fuel pump, fuel lines, carb... Blah blah blah. Long story short he burnt himself out on it and sold it to me.

I'm excited to have it,and excited to be a part of the community. On another note, to who ever that left the foureyedpride window decal on my car at Olive Garden in Springfield MO, thanks. You should send me a PM and maybe we can hang out.

Here's a couple pics
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Door and buck tag
    Attached Images Attached Images   

That would have been me. Welcome to FEP! It looked like a really nice original car. I had to go to PA to find my T Top 5.0 5 speed GT350 so when I saw yours behind the Olive Garden I had to stop and turn around. We have a small but great group of guys here in Springfield who have some really nice four eyed cars. This is an incredibly great site for info and some of the best people in the old car world. A word or warning though....they love pictures so good job in getting pics posted.
    Name:  Photo Aug 25, 5 01 51 PM.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  133.3 KB
    Last edited by 83GTJIM; 05-02-2015 at 10:23 AM.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Haha thanks a lot man! I went to Tulsa to get this one and believe it or not, drove it back! My girlfriend was driving the car that day and sent me the pic of the decal you left. She's as into this car as I am.

Welcome to FEP. Your GT350 looks great.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Thanks! It's a work in progress. Years of sitting in the sun uncovered has deteriorated the paint pretty bad. The paint and body will be the last thing I do. First I'll be taking care of the suspension. I've already lowered the front and installed new KYB shocks, next I'll take care of the rear and install the springs, shocks and tubular control arms. Once all that is taken care of I'll start working on the roller engine I have.

Nice pick up. EF171297 added to database and registry.

Enjoy your mods and your time here on the FEP forum.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Thanks Fox. Maybe you could point me in the direction to find out what number mine is... Both dash plaques are missing 😞

Greetings fellow GT350 owner

http://foxchassis.com/fep/registry/gt350/

Look up the last 6 of your V.I.N.
    Last edited by conmech; 05-02-2015 at 06:00 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Thanks conmech. I found my V.I.N. on the list, is there another resource that may be able to help my find which number mine is?

Current mileage

Here's the info I got from one site.

Congrats and welcome to FEP
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Quote Originally Posted by MikeySmikey View Post
    Thanks Fox. Maybe you could point me in the direction to find out what number mine is... Both dash plaques are missing 😞
    Serial numbers had to be requested by owners. Not all of them did so so some cars never had the owner/serial number plaque.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by MikeySmikey View Post
    Here's the info I got from one site.
    Premium Sound System is not indicated by the radio code. Otherwise that decoder is correct.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

The car did in fact come with premium sound as well as a tilt steering column.

Been a fox body fan forever. Have owned at least 12. Just purchased my 1984 gt 350 this evening. All original with no rust. He interior is in excellent shape and appears to have many options. Tilt wheel, intermittent wipers, premium sound with amp, power windows and locks and working ac. Paint is not in great shape has some cracking and fading but really thinking about buffing it up and leaving as is they are only original once. If anyone has a registry I would love to be on it. Last of VIN is 171486.