Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FEP Supporter

Default Car Collection Extraordinaire! (Lots of Pics!)

The local Mustang club I belong to had an invite I couldn't resist last weekend. They had made arrangements for members, friends etc. to go and see a car collection for an eccentric car guy who raises money doing tours occasionally (which he matches) for a youth recovery center Our club had almost 70 people go in two groups of two hours

The owner walked us through four hangers he has. He had a mic and a little speaker box and he told us a story about how he came to acquire most and knew so much about each car and their history! He valued originality including paint, uniqueness, heritage and seemed to have driven most of them by the sounds of it.

I shame the guy's knowledge not even remembering half of what he talked about! I had to share some of these pictures. I wished I could have taken more and I am lucky I got this many as my battery died right near the very end.

Enjoy! My jaw is hanging open after looking at the pictures again.

It started with his newest purchase a month ago in bay #1. Bought in Washington State from the original owner. Said it runs like a top!

Last edited by 82GTforME; 05-01-2015 at 08:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

FEP Supporter

Default Bay #1

Bay #1 Pictures don't do the room justice. There were different state licence plates strung around the second floor and they were all vanity plates, cool car related memorabilia and neon signs.

Boss 302 "Shaker, 4-speed, louver Car" or something unique like that

AMC's

GTO

Rambler

The two above were something about the precursor to the Cobras

Original paint Boss 429. Engine was out for a rebuild, fix, detail kind of thing.

James Garner racing team 4X4 AMC

"Super Mustang" drag car with a 427.

One of 17 427 Tri-power, two speed automatic Corvette.

Original Alberta 442

Last edited by 82GTforME; 04-30-2015 at 09:17 PM.

FEP Supporter

Default Bay #2

Bay #2

Lola race car. 1500 HP, 1500 pounds. He said he used to take it to the local race track years ago.

Said he loved this car and would trust it on any race track.

Shelby Daytona. Told a cool story about the development of the car and the rear spoiler! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Daytona

GT40

The "only" automatic Sunbeam

The only Cobra "to get a perfect score" at a Shelby show. All original!

LS6 Chevelle

Another Judge

This was a "T5" (it's on the fender) for Europe. I guess someone already had "Mustang" trademarked.

Ford GT

Mustangs and Shelbys oh my. The convertible has a great story about being an export to and repatriated from Europe.

Last edited by 82GTforME; 04-30-2015 at 09:36 PM.

FEP Supporter

Default Bay #3 European flavor.

Bay #3

De-tomaso including a Mongusta

Abarth Collection. Some were well known mountain race winners in Europe.

Custom Coachworks

Intermeccanica

FEP Supporter

Default Bay #4 The last one.

Bay #4 the Exotics

Outside bay #4 was a Lamborghini SUV.

Ferarri's

Some more Lambo's

This one was a local car.

Same with the '77 Countach. He had a funny story about the "mail slot" window and a drive through; "thank goodness for the guillotine doors"

Lastly, he had a lot of good stories about this pre-war supercharged 1931 Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 Zagato (engine currently out for rebuild). The way he said had to negotiate and sell some cars to finance it plus convince the owner for him to be the one get it.

He raced it in the Colorado Grand Rally in 2013
    http://www.sportscardigest.com/color...-and-photos/2/

Awesome. Who is this guy. I would love to go next time. Crazy how he has them on Pallet racking

FEP Supporter

Default The only Fox thing I saw.

This flag would be cool to have! It was in Bay #1

It was a fantastic way to get out spend a Saturday morning with the two boys!

I have that flag.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    I have that flag.
    Me too.

Um, is this THE prototype?

Anyone see anything "not quite right" on one of the cars below?

It's the Nova. It ain't a Nova! Very nice Mustangs though...

Those letters say "Acadian." They were a Pontiac product north of the border. I'm guessing that that one is there because it has the L79 solid lifter 327?

These cars are an early example of corporate badge engineering like we saw in the '80s, but in this case it's cool, because you could get some screamin' V8s in those early examples.

I hope that guy wouldn't be pissed about you posting these up.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Nirvana.

Very motley collection but some very cool and expensive stuff, wow.

Mustangs in Germany and some other countries were called T-5s because of a bicycle maker already having that name and refusing Ford the right to use it. There is no sign of the word Mustang on them anywhere, even down to removing it off the horn button hub.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by svtrichie View Post
    Awesome. Who is this guy. I would love to go next time. Crazy how he has them on Pallet racking
    He simply called himself a car guy, an "autoholic". I had never heard of him before this and never would have expected a collection like this around here!

Quote Originally Posted by grabbergreen84 View Post
    Um, is this THE prototype?

Anyone see anything "not quite right" on one of the cars below?

Those letters say "Acadian." They were a Pontiac product north of the border. I'm guessing that that one is there because it has the L79 solid lifter 327?

These cars are an early example of corporate badge engineering like we saw in the '80s, but in this case it's cool, because you could get some screamin' V8s in those early examples.

I hope that guy wouldn't be pissed about you posting these up.
    As far as I remember it is a prototype AMC. He talked about the A pillar design on this one. The Acadian I cannot remember the exact specifics about. But yes it was a Canadian "Nova".

I'm hoping he wouldn't be too upset about sharing these with car guys. I did not disclose the location or his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    Very motley collection but some very cool and expensive stuff, wow.

Mustangs in Germany and some other countries were called T-5s because of a bicycle maker already having that name and refusing Ford the right to use it. There is no sign of the word Mustang on them anywhere, even down to removing it off the horn button hub.
    Agreed and agreed.

WOW! Amazing collection!

The precursor to the Cobra was a AC Ace.....6th photo down on right...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_Cars

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

This OP is good to keep coming back to, and finding something new.

Is the black Camaro a Yenko Turbo Z?

Those look like Shelby wheels:

Only Cobra to get a perfect score? It's a little dusty for my sensibilities.

That's my one criticism of this collection: Someone should've run through there and dusted off some of those cars.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

That is an incredible collection. Other than originality, there really isn't much of a theme, which makes it extra interesting. I think he needs more room.......
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Great collection of cars, thanks for sharing. you never know what's out there hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    I have that flag.
    Yep, me also. I have both of that version (big and the small).
    86' SVO 1C # 17 of 3379 86's #6475 of 9837
    86' SVO 1C #497 of 3379 86's #6955 of 9837
    84' GT Turbo #4 of 3241 GT Turbo HB's #560 of 3935
    87' Thunderbird TC 1 of 10
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month

I'm jealous.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    WOW! Amazing collection!

The precursor to the Cobra was a AC Ace.....6th photo down on right...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_Cars
    Thanks. I couldn't remember the name, only the point of being the inspiration for the Cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by grabbergreen84 View Post
    This OP is good to keep coming back to, and finding something new.

Is the black Camaro a Yenko Turbo Z?

Only Cobra to get a perfect score? It's a little dusty for my sensibilities.

That's my one criticism of this collection: Someone should've run through there and dusted off some of those cars.
    Yes, he was on the other side of the room focusing more on the Mustangs and gave a quick run down about what was on the racks including the Yenko.

As for the Cobra and a little dust...With all original paint on it, I would be afraid to dust it Plus he has them packed in so tightly! He does have a couple of "helpers" that he introduced who must take care of most of the duties as the rest seemed pretty pristine.

Did you see the 1989 Turbo Trans-Am Pace Car? Near the top left. The only Pace Car to pace the race without modification off the assembly line. Sounds like a fun ride (other than it's a TA)!

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    That is an incredible collection. Other than originality, there really isn't much of a theme, which makes it extra interesting. I think he needs more room.......
    I think he does need more room! Some are packed together with inches in between. Looking at the YouTube video from a few years ago, there looked to be more room then!

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    I'm jealous.
    No doubt hey!

Wow, looks like a spectacular way to spend a day. I really do need to get myself signed up as a member in the local club now that I'm actually making progress on my car. Are you involved in the Calgary Sports Car club too? I want to get involved there also to learn more about the autocross racing they host.

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Yes, he was on the other side of the room focusing more on the Mustangs and gave a quick run down about what was on the racks including the Yenko.

One of my friends actually has one of these! But his is a Stage One. His is silver with a stock ducktail spoiler and hood, and gold mesh wheels, with similar stripes in black, which say "Yenko TurboZ." It does have the added front spoiler/air dam. The interiors came with upgraded seats and an Alpine AM/FM cassette. It's a regular 350 with the turbocharger added by Yenko. Automatic of course. He also has an '85 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.
    That must be a Stage Two, with the cowl hood and whale-tail spoiler, and Minilite-looking wheels.
    I wonder what the significance of "434" is.

Did you see the 1989 Turbo Trans-Am Pace Car? Near the top left. The only Pace Car to pace the race without modification off the assembly line. Sounds like a fun ride (other than it's a TA)!
    Those have the Grand National engine, IIRC.

The black Camaro is a Motion conversion, not a Yenko. Original owner was from Missouri, and sent the car for conversion in 1982. Total cost at that time was somewhere around $25,000. The numbers say "454".

Ah, OK. Dunno if I remember those from back then. Baldwin was/is a dealer like Yenko, and had been hopping up new chevys at least as long as had Yenko.

I'll take my 454 in a regular base Camaro, or a Z28 with no body mods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast