Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Some early foxes had a center dash speaker, but not the later years.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Capri/Mustang AM or AM/FM mono radios from 1979 through 1981 had a single speaker in the center of the dash, otherwise that center location was not used for anything. From 1982 through 1986 that location was only used for the premium sound system amplifier, if the car was so equipped. ALL 1984 SVOs had a stereo radio and the premium sound system, even the 'option delete' and CP cars.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

...and there you go. I knew somebody here would know for sure.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    ...and there you go. I knew somebody here would know for sure.
    This one was too easy since Kendal had already provided the Marti Report on the car... radio code 4 for AM/FM stereo radio and '84 SVO's came equipped with the Amp switch in the console.

Now the new owner just needs to find the correct radio.
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

Thanks for everyone clearing that question up! I will continue to search for the correct radio, even if I don't put it in the car (since I already had a radio installed), I will still have it with the car.

FEP Member

COngratulations ! Makes sense on price $5K, owner DID know the car was worthy (paint and refinished wheels with Wheel Worx). You will enjoy this car.

You didn't hurt the car value taking out the delete plates as they were probably done when he repainted the car and used the 1993 Cobra R repros (different than 1985 Ford SVO plates). Since your car was built with a Ford Radio you are ok (unless you used a NON Fox style fender antenna) then if will stick out like a sore thumb.

Wouldn't be the first time owners buy, build and then redo what they did wrong ! (we all have) Since Kendal already saved you $25 on the marti - I will offer a radio (I think it came from Kendal to me when I was doing the MAC TOOLS "giveaway" car anyway) Talk to Kendal on a PM and get his address for a check - if he calls me with your address I will send radio and pay for shipping to you. (we all owe each other anyway)

Congratulations again!
    Mark

P.S. Insurance value really depends on exposure for total lose IMO. Declared value makes more money for company as MOST over insure their cars they hope that you increase perceived value as values increase also. $10K of coverage isn't a high amount when you have 10 cars on the policy BUT if you only have two and drive both it adds up pretty fast.

Thanks Mark! I have a '67 convertible and this 84 SVO insured with Hagerty. I just wanted to make SURE that, God forbid, anything happens to either car, I have enough to buy another. I have the SVO insured for 10k and the '67 for 15k. The '67 was appraised this summer at 15k, so that is what I insured it for. I think it is around $150 ea per year for the insurance, so that's not bad. I don't drive either one alot. I'll drive the SVO more, but neither will be driven in rain or snow or bad weather if I can prevent it. I PM Kendal and hopefully I can get the radio and complete the car. Thanks again

Bill

PS...I ordered the deluxe paperwork from Marti so hopefully I will get that soon. I also found an original sales brochure for the 1984 SVO on ebay for $8, so I bought that too! Thought it would look good displayed with the car if I show it at car shows! Also, I lucked into finding a vintage radar detector from around 1984/85...still MINT in the box! I think it will look cool if I hook that up at a car show too! Having a vintage radar detector sitting on the dash with original sales brochures. Maybe I'm going overboard, but I'm a nostalgia guy and like to try to keep things in the same time period when possible.
    Last edited by excalibr; 04-27-2015 at 04:07 PM.

The antenna is the same rectangular base and it is FORD NOS, so it should be OK

I have a 1984 SVO and I think it maybe a Comp Prep as well. Need to figure out if it is.

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abelr82 View Post
    I have a 1984 SVO and I think it maybe a Comp Prep as well. Need to figure out if it is.
    Did you find out anything about your car being a comp prep. Let me know if I can help. Kendal
    Kendal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12