Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
Does sound like maybe the rack is off a complete turn - I can't really think of another explanation for the fact that you can max out the rack to the left, and yet still not turn as tightly. That's strange. Maybe jack the front end up, remove the front wheels, and then see how far you can go in each direction? That way you wouldn't be limited by the tire hitting the inside of the wheel well.

My winter beater Subaru had the steering off center when I bought it about 16 months ago. Courtesy of Jack Hidley on another forum:

Subaru steering wheels aren't indexed to the steering shaft, it's just splined all the way around, so I was able to center the rack (positioned the steering wheel with the XXX tape at 12 o'clock, which was mid-way between the other two pieces of tape), then removed the steering wheel and installed it so it was oriented correctly.

I'm curious if you'll find that your car's spline collar is not indexed. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that one end or the other needs to not be indexed so that you have the ability to correct misalignments.
So am I, curious. I'm not planning to tackle that though, or a few other things until the 3.8 comes out... and never goes back in.