Close

Default Mixed up my hoses!

Hello all,

Great to have the stang back on the road! I've been having a great time despite lots of "here and there" problems. Hope everyone the same.

As for my post.... I bypassed the heater core while trying to figure out where a coolant leak was. Now that it's fixed, I got some new hoses but I can't remember which one goes where (the firewall is obvious) but on the other side just under the upper intake. Can anyone tell me which hose goes where?

I imagine this matters, otherwise the hoses would be the same size. Also the fatter hose has a restrictor inside it, so I imagine this is the feed and the smaller one is the return line. I guess my question is, how do I know which is the feed/Return before the hoses go on??

Sorry if this is painfully obvious but Im trying to trace the lines back to Tue radiator and I can't figure it out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rick

FEP Power Member

Your large hose goes from the intake manifold to the larger tube on the heater core. The restrictor goes inside of that hose also. The small hose comes from the water pump to the small tube on the heater core.