Close

Default Wagon Rear Springs

I'm having trouble finding the right springs for my wagon. I've done lots of searches and really haven't come up with anything definitive. I want something a tad firmer and about an inch shorter. I looked my up factory springs on the Moog site and got the number and dimensions (CC823), then tried to find a spring maybe a little firmer and with a shorter installed height. I came up with CC821 that shows to be 1" shorter than the CC823 that they listed for my wagon, but when I tried to buy the shorter CC821's they were also listed as the correct springs for it. How could they both be correct when one has a 9.25 installed height and the other has a 10.25 height? Anyone have a spring number that they're using that sounds like what I'm looking for?

I crawled under and measured my current springs and they're right at 9.25 inches, but that means that they could be 10.25 springs that have settled and sagged over the last 36 years or if I got the 9.25 springs I'll still be at the same elevation...Maybe I'll just go old school and lop about a half coil off and see how it goes...

That's what I'd do, not like you'll be out any $$$ if it doesn't give you the ride height you want.
    1985 Mercury Marquis LTS... "The Unicorn"
    1978 Fairmont... 306 and a C4.