Close

Default anyone use the tq box reinforcment plates?

On past mustang we just welded seams and did a plate on the lower. Now days they have all these fancy kits you can weld in. How much of a pain are they to fit the f/z?

Or just stick to the normal plan pf welding seams and plating the lower.

Blog Entries

I made my own battle box clones, from plans easily found on line. Simple to install, and bulletproof.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
    On past mustang we just welded seams and did a plate on the lower. Now days they have all these fancy kits you can weld in. How much of a pain are they to fit the f/z?

Or just stick to the normal plan pf welding seams and plating the lower.
    I bought the torque box reinforcement kit from wildrides and the fit nice the uppers needed some help contouring to the curve of the floor but a bfh with a cpl tack welds worked awesome

Thanks guys.

Team z full rear suspension kit with relocated uppers and arb will be here tomorrow. Just gotta decide how poor i want to be. strange 10 ways or viking doubles.