Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saleen 86-0063

Default Saleen 86-0063

Just got this beauty last week

63,XXX original miles the interior is flawless the exterior could use some work and a stripe kit.

Nice score! Saw that car posted on the Foxbody Saleen Facebook group last week!
    1986 Saleen #145
    now 50k miles - still 98% original.

I'm all for helping the helpless, but I don't give a rat's ass about the clueless anymore.

Previous: 79 Cobra, 82 GT, 83 GT, 85 Twister, 85.5 SVO, 86 GT, 87 GT, 91 Saleen, etc....

Congrats cars looks Awesome! !!!!

That's a beautiful looking Saleen...congrats! I like the grey Momo wheel, you don't see those all the time. What's up with the bumper numbers...how did they end up in that spot?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Good looking saleen! Wont take much to make it perfect!

Can you send post pics of the door tag and buck tag or, if you don't want to post them, email them to me? I already know the VIN for 86-0063, and have a pic of the door tag but it is from a distance and very hard to read. Do you have any other documents for the car such as an owner card, window sticker, Ford build sheet, Saleen built sheet, Saleen LOA, etc?

Welcome to the Saleen owner's club.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Beautiful Saleen! Good Luck with it.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Can you send post pics of the door tag and buck tag or, if you don't want to post them, email them to me? I already know the VIN for 86-0063, and have a pic of the door tag but it is from a distance and very hard to read. Do you have any other documents for the car such as an owner card, window sticker, Ford build sheet, Saleen built sheet, Saleen LOA, etc?

Welcome to the Saleen owner's club.
    I have all this information I will try to bring it with me to work and scan it in and post it here

Nice Score!! I own 86-64 and it is also Jalapeno red .... we have to get all these 4eyed Saleens together for a family picture soon!
    86-64

2002-168

HAHA yep you are the next one after mine

I think 62 is red also

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    That's a beautiful looking Saleen...congrats! I like the grey Momo wheel, you don't see those all the time. What's up with the bumper numbers...how did they end up in that spot?
    To be honest I'm not really sure why they are like that. I asked the previous owner about it he said it was like that when he bought it. I ordered #63 from PA today so I'll get that in the correct place shortly right after I get my headlight covers back on

Strange? I know Saleen was crazy in the early days, but I can't see them allowing the car to leave with the bumper numbers so messed up? I just installed the bumper numbers I got from PAS on 85-0073...they are a very nice recreation, so I'm sure you will be happy with them. I'm another Jalapena Red (with silver stripes) Saleen owner btw...so welcome to the club. I still have to put my side stripes on, then my graphics will be complete. I'm not looking forward to the job though. Lol

It looks like you got an amazing car, and it's complete. Did an LOA come with the cars paperwork? I'm always curious about Saleen statistics, which is why I ask.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Blog Entries

Beautiful car! I would love to find a se of those wheels!
    1985 Mustang GT Twister II, Red, Hardtop, Light Gray Interior, 5 Speed, 2.73

Mustangs of the Past:
    1990 GT, Red, 5 Speed
    1992 LX 5.0 Notchback, Auto, 125 HP ZEX Nitrous Shot
    1988 LX 4 Cyl, 5 Speed

"I like baseball, movies, good clothes, whiskey, fast cars ... and you. What else you need to know?"

FEP Member

Nice find

Quote Originally Posted by 1meanmach View Post
    I have all this information I will try to bring it with me to work and scan it in and post it here
    Thanks. Did you also get the 'Ford Special Equipment Parts List' sheet(s) with the rest of the paperwork? I would like to see that too.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I was running a little late for work this morning and forgot to bring my box or papers to work to scan them but I did take these 2 pic's last night

I would be interested in the LOA also - I need to order mine for 86-64
    86-64

2002-168

Quote Originally Posted by 2002-168 View Post
    I would be interested in the LOA also - I need to order mine for 86-64
    I don't understand what is a LOA?

Letter of authenticity
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

You can get them straight from Saleen. It's just another way to prove your car is the real deal. It will also give you a few production statistics and it will update the registry to show that you are the current owner. My LOA told me how many 85's were based on GT's, it told me my exterior color combo (so red with silver stripes), and it mentioned the same info that was found in "The Saleen Book" by Brad Bowling...so for me that info was "steering wheel delete, cruise control." Finally it told me how many 85's were built exactly like mine.

Btw, I checked the registry in "The Saleen Book" for your car and it lists the original owners name, gives the ship date (5/12/86) and it says your car came with the "stock shifter (as opposed to the SVO Hurst shifter that some 86's received), and Kenwood stereo."
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Gotcha yeah I know I don't have the LOA

It's expensive ($75) but worth it for a car like yours. Meaning with a solid collector car it's best to have all the documentation you can get. Plus Steve Saleen signs the loa so you'll get another autograph out of the deal.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    It's expensive ($75) but worth it for a car like yours. Meaning with a solid collector car it's best to have all the documentation you can get. Plus Steve Saleen signs the loa so you'll get another autograph out of the deal.
    Haha the LOA autograph will be significantly cheaper than the one on the dash

The dash got signed for free. Steve never charges.

Quote Originally Posted by flyintiger View Post
    The dash got signed for free. Steve never charges.
    it was supposed to be a joke like I bought a autograph and the car came with it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast