Close

Default New owner 85 ltd

Hello all fellow owner, just got a new ride. What should be the first things that needs to be done to these 4 door stang that's unique? How many are out there? Thanks in advance.

Hello LTD owners I really need some help with the following: shocks and springs car sits too low now. Also the 15 inch 10 hole tires are rubbing what size tires are you guys running on them. Best trans flush/upgrades for AOD. THanks hope to hear back.

We used wagon rear, and 82 t-bird front springs which raised the car close to 3/4 inch,
    to fit 225/60/15 tires easily (they where rubbing in front with stock springs).
    Even with that it almost looks like it's lowered.

Convinced my dad to go with some 17" bullets, powder coated white and was
    hoping to lower the car a bit, but not sure it is going to be possible.
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

Welcome to FEP!! lets see some pics..

Hi OX1 are those springs still at a dealer or was it a yard find. Like the white wheel look, NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by GUTI59 View Post
    Hi OX1 are those springs still at a dealer or was it a yard find. Like the white wheel look, NICE!
    Wagon springs were from dealer, but well over 10 years ago.
    T-bird springs were moog or TRD from rock auto if I remember correctly.

I love the white on white too, but getting real hard to find decent tires in 15"
    (I don't want to use DR's on it, gets caught in rain coming home from the car shows
    often enough) We are going 331 stroker with better heads, so he is going to need wider
    meats out back.

I have a 14 mustang GT and put on one of the stock 235/55/18's (27.2 dia) from that
    on his car last night just for SAG. Even with it on the lift and suspension at max droop,
    that tire barely fit. Might have to rethink 17's.
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

I did buy a set of 16 inch wheels for future use. Do you a pic of the 18s on it? Also like to see how that Vortech fits in.

Cold start cranking issues stock engine advise please