Close

wheelieboy1

Default 1984 Mustang GT convertible SURVIVOR

1984 Mustang GT convertible survivor. Less than 55,000 original miles. Interior is flawless and original paint still shines. The wheels are McLaren SC 5.0 wheels from that period. The car runs, drives and sounds awesome. I just replaced the original brake lines, front rotors/pads and wheel bearings. The rear drum brake cylinders were also replaced. Tires have less than 1000 miles on them. This is a very reliable fun car to take to shows or just enjoy driving with the top down in the summer. The car has been stored indoors its entire life and spends the winter in a heated garage. Asking $8500
    Attached Images Attached Images      

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Very.......very nice car. Best of luck with the sale. Immaculate red interior contrasts beautifully with the white exterior. Not a big fan of rear spoilers on these years, but, the other parts of the car are so nice, you almost have to over look it.
    Last edited by vascj; 03-03-2015 at 07:37 PM.

true survivor!? Wow! Very cool.

wheelieboy1

It is. I bought it 2 years ago from a guy that kept it in a heated garage/bar/man cave that bought it off of his high school buddy who also kept it in a controlled environment that purchased it new. The car was bought locally in the York, PA area and never left.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

I also bought a survivor black 85 GT near York, I wonder if they ever crossed paths?

wheelieboy1

There is a very nice black 85 GT with T Tops in York that I see around on nice days. Very nice car. Could be the one you are talking about.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

This was a black over black convertible that is no longer in the area. Original owner type of car.

Certainly a beautiful car! Looks great, but I think the definition of survivor is always debatable. I've always thought it meant that nothing had been change. It looks like this car has dual exhaust, some chrome parts added under the hood, and possibly the door panels have been changed unless verts have a different pattern than T-Tops. The pattern on the doors are certainly different than my 84 and other 84s that I have looked at. Personally I don't think these changes take away from the value, but others might think so. I bought my car as "Survivor" just so I didn't have deal with changes somebody else had made, only to find out later that the intake and carb certainly were not original.
    Have:
    84 GT 350 Anny 5.0
    05 F-150 Super Crew
    08 Saturn Outlook
    Had:
    00 Nissan Frontier
    97 Gand Prix GTP (Supercharged)
    87 Audi Coupe GT
    84 Mustang L 3.8

Nice ride! I always thought survivor was a car that had been driven, modified somewhat, but was still roughly stock, and could still be driven and/or restored very easily.

Just wanted to add my s cents too.

Nice car GLWS !
    Regards
    Gary

Very nice car! I can relate. My car and this one probably left Cars and Concepts around the same time. They are both 84 1/2 verts.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

yes, your definition is what is generally accepted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Stang View Post
    Certainly a beautiful car! Looks great, but I think the definition of survivor is always debatable. I've always thought it meant that nothing had been change. It looks like this car has dual exhaust, some chrome parts added under the hood, and possibly the door panels have been changed unless verts have a different pattern than T-Tops. The pattern on the doors are certainly different than my 84 and other 84s that I have looked at. Personally I don't think these changes take away from the value, but others might think so. I bought my car as "Survivor" just so I didn't have deal with changes somebody else had made, only to find out later that the intake and carb certainly were not original.