Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thanks Mike! I wish it mentioned wheel color and steering wheel info for these cars. I agree the 75$ is well worth it- good news is service is much faster with teh online ordering now, I ordered mine on Thursday and it was in my mailbox on Tuesday.

I appreciate the kind words about the car,I am very fortunate that I have a Dad that helps me out and does not let m get in a hurry when I want to just finish it so I can drive it. I know exactly how you feel as this time last year I was looking at pictures of 86-26 and Toms and Sergios cars and just wondering if I would ever get mine finished. With the exception of Mamba's car it seems like all the ones to be restored lately are Jalapeno Red
    86-64

2002-168

Well my take on these LOA's is if it doesn't mention something then it came with the stock Saleen parts. Meaning because your LOA doesn't say anything about "different" wheels than your car probably left Saleen with Silver 16" wheels (which were part of the Saleen package)...now whether they were Riken or Enkie is anyone's guess. Your steering wheel is another item that was probably stock Saleen because it doesn't say anything different. According to the Saleen Book by Brad Bowling, only three 86's got the grey Momo steering wheel...all the rest got black. The only reason your car wouldn't have the black Momo wheel is if it came with cruise control, but cruise would most likely be listed on your LOA if it left with Saleen with that option. My LOA lists cruise control, so most likely my car didn't have the 85 Wolf steering wheel installed. According to the book, the Wolf wheel would have come with the car it just wouldn't have been installed.

That's my take...like my car doesn't list the Kenwood or Sanyo radio, so my Saleen probably came with whatever radio it left Ford with because my cars original owner didn't select the stereo option. When something was an extra charge option the loa would mention those items if the car left Saleen with them. If it isn't mentioned then you got stock ford or stock Saleen package items...whichever applies to the part in question (meaning if Saleen didn't have an upgrade as a part of their package, then it came with whatever it left the ford plant with).
    Last edited by TopGear85; 04-08-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I can't believe I started this thread in March and I just finally finished all the Graphics last night. Anyway, I finally put the stripes on and it was no easy task. I found that lining them up wasn't the worst part....the worst part was getting the protective "over-layer" off the decals once they were installed on the car.

I'm not sure if I had such a hard time because my decals aren't fresh (I bought them in November of 2013), but on about 4 of the 10 total decals I really struggled trying to remove it. The doors were the worst of all and the "over-layer" actually left a sticky residue on the decals once I finally got them removed. In the end I was able to get everything off (both the over layer and sticky residue), but it was very tedious and nerve racking.

My best advice to everyone is don't order the decals until your absolutely sure you're ready for them. I thought I was back in 2013 but it didn't happen, so I stored everything inside my house for almost 2 years. Again, I'm not sure if this is why I had such an issue getting that over later off, but it's the only answer I have (besides a production error).

Anyway, here are a couple more pics (I posted some in the "What Did you Do to your Four eye" thread as well:

Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    I can't believe I started this thread in March and I just finally finished all the Graphics last night. Anyway, I finally put the stripes on and it was no easy task. I found that lining them up wasn't the worst part....the worst part was getting the protective "over-layer" off the decals once they were installed on the car.

I'm not sure if I had such a hard time because my decals aren't fresh (I bought them in November of 2013), but on about 4 of the 10 total decals I really struggled trying to remove it. The doors were the worst of all and the "over-layer" actually left a sticky residue on the decals once I finally got them removed. In the end I was able to get everything off (both the over layer and sticky residue), but it was very tedious and nerve racking.

My best advice to everyone is don't order the decals until your absolutely sure you're ready for them. I thought I was back in 2013 but it didn't happen, so I stored everything inside my house for almost 2 years. Again, I'm not sure if this is why I had such an issue getting that over later off, but it's the only answer I have (besides a production error).

Anyway, here are a couple more pics (I posted some in the "What Did you Do to your Four eye" thread as well:

Looks Great Mike. This car has really come along way since you first bought it. I think all it needs is some "seat" time. It's about time you start enjoying it.
    Current Cars:
    1979 Mustang Ghia Coupe 5.0 3J Bright Blue
    1984 GT T top 306 5 speed "Black Mamba"
    1986 Saleen Black with Silver Stripes 86#009
    1986 Mustang GT Medium Canyon Red 5 speed 5.0
    1999 Mustang GT Convertible 35th anniversary 69K miles.
    2002 Nissan Maxima 6 Speed "Daily Driver"
    2009 Corvette 6 speed LS3

1998 Cobra 71k miles Canary Yellow "Nana" SOLD

Looks great, just gets better and better each time I see pictures of it.

You're right Mamba...this weekend I'm gonna stretch its legs. Thanks 83gtstang, it's definately been a long road getting it to this point, but I'm really proud of how it's turning out.

Thanks guys!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Looks great Mike!!
    86-64

2002-168

Quote Originally Posted by 2002-168 View Post
    Looks great Mike!!
    Thanks, I'm just trying to follow your lead.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Damn, Mike, that car is looking sweet. When will you get it outside and take some nice pics?
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

Thanks! To be honest, I'm just being a chicken. Every time I try and drive the car something else goes wrong...and I can't afford to fix anything else right now. I think that has me gun shy to take it out. I plan on getting over it this coming weekend, but that's why my pics are all taken in the garage.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234