Close

Default Edelbrock 1406 Electric Choke Wiring

Okay, so when it comes to wiring skills I have nada. Manual states that I need to wire the electric choke to a keyed power source. So one wire on the choke goes to a ground and the other to something under the dash. I apologize up front...real bad with this stuff.

Thanks,
    Bob

You need to find a source that is hot with the key on, dead with the key off. But don't use the factory choke wire that connects to the alternator stator, it's only 6v and won't operate your Edelbrock choke properly. Best to run a dedicated wire from the choke coil to a wire in your engine harness or to the fuse panel. Use a test light to find one.
    Last edited by PaceFever79; 02-25-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Blog Entries

I believe some guys splice it into the windshield wiper motor. There is a keyed 12v there somewhere, I don't recall what color wire it is. I need to do this to mine still.
    1985 Mustang GT Twister II, Red, Hardtop, Light Gray Interior, 5 Speed, 2.73

Mustangs of the Past:
    1990 GT, Red, 5 Speed
    1992 LX 5.0 Notchback, Auto, 125 HP ZEX Nitrous Shot
    1988 LX 4 Cyl, 5 Speed

"I like baseball, movies, good clothes, whiskey, fast cars ... and you. What else you need to know?"

Does it matter which terminal on the choke I connect the power wire to? As for the second terminal, that goes to a ground?

If you look closely there is a Positive (+) terminal mark on the plastic housing.

The Negative (-) terminal gets wired to ground (the screw holding the housing on is fine)

Do this with the (-) ground wire to housing screw.

Last edited by PaceFever79; 02-25-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Oh man PACE you rock! Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by 85TwisterII View Post
    I believe some guys splice it into the windshield wiper motor. There is a keyed 12v there somewhere, I don't recall what color wire it is. I need to do this to mine still.
    I may end up doing this i didn't know that.
    84 5.0 ( currently restoring)
    86 Toyota 4x4
    02 Lexus is300