Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Here are a couple more pics from the inside with the parking brake cable reinstalled.

One without the dust shield and one with. Obviously the dust shield does hide a few of the neat details.

Name:  RH side caliper complete.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  119.6 KBName:  RH caliper complete.jpg
Size:  102.7 KB
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

Took her out for a little test drive earlier today to make sure everything was good; brakes, new pinion seal, etc.

I still need to put a few "paint stik" markings on the underside of the third member and then I will get ready for my next project in preparation for the Grand National.

Kinda out of order, but here is a pic of the rear end after I got it back under the car. Notice the jug of Evaporust... I used that to restore the ends of the parking brake cables. I then clear coated the ends and repainted the springs Gloss Black.

Name:  springs installed.jpg
Size:  109.0 KB
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

Those Koni Reds sure look beautiful, especially the quad's. Actually the whole rear end looks amazing....some of you guys really have great looking rear ends. (Lol, I never get tired of that joke)
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    Those Koni Reds sure look beautiful, especially the quad's. Actually the whole rear end looks amazing....some of you guys really have great looking rear ends. (Lol, I never get tired of that joke)
    I had Koni rebuild the rear shocks. They needed it. I then stripped them back down, epoxy primed, repainted, and applied the decals. As for the quad shocks, Koni does not rebuild them so I had to restore what I had. I had posted pics elsewhere on how I restored them with the Eastwood Gold Cad paint system.
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123