Close

Thread: 84-85 ltd lx

fozcat

Default 84-85 ltd lx

Anybody know of an unmolested, low mileage (less than 50K) all original 84-85 LTD LX for sale?
    They were serious sleepers, very cool and comfortable cars. Im surprised none have surfaced from an estate auction.

FozCat

fozcat

Thanks, much appreciated, Im more looking for an actual LX, not an SSP. That would be a great project though!

FEP Member

I've yet to find a LTD that was not a ssp that had a V8 in it. There is one on the Atlanta craigslist and even a wagon but are six cylinders.

I have a merc marq with 302 and such its what you want maybe a.o.d. 8.8 great car daily driver, new drivetrain very nice grabber blue paint. 1985 cert speedo non cop car. 2000.00 fly in and drive home. On 16 inch snow flakes and hi dollar good years. Aero brakes and sways solid solid car. Lmk
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by PIGBOY View Post
    I have a merc marq with 302 and such its what you want maybe a.o.d. 8.8 great car daily driver, new drivetrain very nice grabber blue paint. 1985 cert speedo non cop car. 2000.00 fly in and drive home. On 16 inch snow flakes and hi dollar good years. Aero brakes and sways solid solid car. Lmk
    Interested in PIX of the 302 Marquis, especially since I spend half the year (Summer) in Denver!

New User

Quote Originally Posted by fozcat View Post
    Anybody know of an unmolested, low mileage (less than 50K) all original 84-85 LTD LX for sale?
    They were serious sleepers, very cool and comfortable cars. Im surprised none have surfaced from an estate auction.

FozCat
    Far from "unmolested", but still submitted for everyone's viewing pleasure ...
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...887414552.html

If it is the mid size merk it would be an LTZ model, even rarer than LTD LX, you guys let me know if you find one with less than 50 K miles on it for sale at a price that lets me keep my limbs and first born OK..

The Mercury sister car to the Ford LTD LX is the Marquis LTS. Going by my numbers, which have not been verified, there were only 135 made, and it seems only a very small fraction of that 135 have survived.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I have one in Virginia i'm looking to sell. True LTD LX. It's got 99,xxx miles on it. Don't know where you're located, but you can email me at erichousersigns at yahoo.com, if you're interested. I'll give you all the details.

Eric

85ltd

i have a v6 ltd for sale

It may be tough to find one with less then 50,000... I have 2 of them. My 1984 has 112,000 and my 1985 has 90,000 on it. I did see one that was restored on-line at a dealer..

FEP Power Member

Don't know about the mileage, ad doesn't mention it.
    http://northernwi.craigslist.org/cto/5099379429.html

Right hand column: odometer: 97419

"1 of only 755 with 5-litre H.O. engine. 1 of 3020 with SVO package." Marti report?

Mike