Close

Default Looking for pictures of the sway bar brackets on the 83-84 GT Turbo and RS Turbo

Hi,

My car is a mutt, she came in dozens of pieces and was missing a ton of things when I got her. As such I'm doing research to find the right parts. Came across something interesting this week and would like your help.

Can you post pictures of your sway bar brackets? The piece that mounts the bar to the frame rail. Why? Because I _think_ these cars came with the same brackets as the SVO, not the rest of the 83-84s (regardless of the handling package.) A week of searching hasn't found anyone else mention this possibility, so I may be wrong, but how often do people compare things like a bracket?

Here is a picture of the brackets the previous owner included with the car (left), next to the brackets from an 83 or 84 Capri RS with a 5.0. Yes, the brackets were _in_the car when I got her so I can't be 100% sure they came off the car.

The handful of SVO pictures I can find that clearly show the brackets show the ones on the left (which are also what Ford used in 99-04 Mustangs).

I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Send a PM to SVO4PWR2, Rich M. He bought back the 84 Capri RS that I painted a few years ago.....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

I just checked what the sway bar mounts on my RST and it appears I was mistaken earlier, mine look like the ones on the left. It isn't real easy to tell with mine due to someone thinking a sway bar is a good place to hook up to tow or load a car.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

This one is untouched and never wrecked as everyone on here knows. Just look at the pictures when I got it. It is also fairly obvious based on just the general condition of the items pictured. That lower radiator hose staring you in the face with the plastic protector on it even has a 1984 date code on it. This picture was taken back in 2012. I can take as many as you need this weekend. Just let me know. I have the build sheet and this car has the TRX suspension. There is no doubt. The build sheet is clear. So based on this, I would say your statement that the SVO has the same one regardless of the handling suspension is not true.

Last edited by homer302; 02-13-2015 at 08:25 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Thanks guys.
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

FEP Supporter

For what it is worth, my '82 GT has the ones on the right also. I'm pretty sure it had TRX too but my only indication without a build sheet was the sway bar diameter at 1.125" which I had to order replacements bushings for.

I used the Energy Suspension bushings with their brackets and a spacer when I replaced them.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!