Close

Default 1986 tbird Project need help

window outer belt seals I think that's what it's called I can't find them and I need all the stock speaker sizes and any help with away to get about 20 hp out of the 3.8 would b nice and a lsd that will fit in stock housing
    Last edited by Spik3slash; 02-03-2015 at 01:12 AM.

Stock speaker sizes you can go to Crutchfield.com and just put in your cars info to get the correct sizes.

Outside window seals are not available. A guy over at Foxtbirdcougarforums.com has a great write up on how to make them tho. You have a 7.5 rear in that bird. Look for a carrier from an 85 mustang gt or a ranger for a LSD

A/m.com has a 7.5 28 spline for about 500

It is a 28 spline. You would be better off converting to an 86-93 Mustang 8.8 axle assembly. You may have to swap the axle shafts and brakes from your Thunderbird over, I am not sure but I have heard the axle shafts are longer on them. You could find a good used 8.8 from $75 to $250 depending on what gear was in it.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Go to NATO.com - North American Turbo coupe Owners association

Great Site that contains a wealth of Information about Sources for purchasing Used, reproduction , interchangeable Fox platform and NOS Parts. A great bunch of really nice folks who have insightful knowledge and many of whom are experienced "been there done , fabricated and fixed that " hands-on enthusiasts. You can find a lot of useful help there.

You don't have to join to access terrific articles and Info -

But I joined when I brought my Original Owner low mileage 1988 TC out of long term storage.

I made putting the TC back to road worthy condition a Father and Son project. And ultimately my son learned to maters a T-5 and enjoy driving even more !!

Hugely helpful and saved my son and I time , effort and, most importantly, kept us from wasting money.

One of the best Investments I have ever made in a Car Club -

Give it a Try .
    Last edited by EJSVO; 02-03-2015 at 04:07 PM.
    1986 SVO 7b - Original Owner
    1988 Turbo Coupe - Original Owner
    2015 Fusion Titanium AWD - DD
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Son's DD

Past Pony's

1964 - Mustang - 289 - 225 HP - Dad's - Delivered 4/17/64
    1965 - Mustang - Hi Po GT - Prairie Bronze
    1967 - Shelby GT 350

Do you know whats up with all the low mile tbirds I mean I just hit the 25k mark today and it's not that uncommon

It's like they all crawled out of the woodwork in the past 2 years or so. My 84 bird has 43,000 on it. It sat from 1991 to 2012 when I bought it. It's in the process of a resto mod makeover

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  132.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  98.3 KB

Nice I love these cars I just can't see anybody not driving the crap out of them

Last ? Is there a Under drive pully kit
    Last edited by Spik3slash; 02-04-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Since you have an 86 you can use mustang under drives. In my opinion they're. Waste of money, others may disagree. The gain is a small (very small) bump in horsepower. The downside is potential overheating and charging issues. Just my .02

It's nice just got the rims dune
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Spik3slash; 02-04-2015 at 07:37 PM.

And I just ask because there's alot of play in all of them

That's a sharp looking bird. Love the phone dials, I wish someone would make them in 15 or 16"

Fixed that pic for ya also.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  130.3 KB

I might get new rims but that's what made me look at the car in the first place

Welcome bud. Here's a link to the thread I was talking about.

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/...n-weatherstrip