Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default Un wrapped and uncovered or, TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!

After being on blocks and covered for along time.... read that about 10 years, the 20th Anniversary GT350 is finally getting a second chance. I have been working a deal with Mike (at6svo) for me to purchase this fine beauty. Today, I went over to his place and "unwrapped" her. Mike had removed the awful looking rims and put on the BOYD'S 5 point stars. Pulled the blocks out from under her and set her gently on the ground.

I told Mike that I was feeling like a kid at Christmas. Hurry up, I wanna play with it......

Earlier in the week, I had purchased a clutch kit and today, I picked up a set of SVO seats for $80............. Which will be recovered in Canyon Red.........

Last edited by conmech; 02-04-2015 at 09:42 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Looking good Marshall.............keep plugin away at it.

Congrats car looks great!!

Very nice, she looks to be in great shape. Nice score on the SVO seats btw, but too bad you are recovering them. The original material looks pretty nice.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

And it originally had an SVO drivetrain? Without the intercooler?

That looks very very decent. I really love the GT350s, always did. They absolutely are one of the premier Four-Eyes.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    Very nice, she looks to be in great shape. Nice score on the SVO seats btw, but too bad you are recovering them. The original material looks pretty nice.
    The upholstery is going to a fellow FEP member so he can recover HIS seats. No loss in my book.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Congrats, looks to be a very nice car, love the interior. It's funny, I had one of these back in the day, and now all of a sudden they are starting to grow on me again. Neat car.

Were you able to find the original style material for the seats?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

Quote Originally Posted by gt4494 View Post
    Were you able to find the original style material for the seats?
    Haven't got to that point. There is a local upholstery shop that does awesome work. Will hit them up when it is time. You looking for the material?
    conmech - aka Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    The upholstery is going to a fellow FEP member so he can recover HIS seats. No loss in my book.
    That's good to hear.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

The car looks To be in pretty good shape! The seats in the Gt350 I just picked up could use some love. I also haven't started looking yet, but is someone has a line on the material I would also love to know.

Finally got the door tag and already fired it of to FoxChassis. Also got some great pics of the 20th before night fall.

conmech - aka Marshall

ragtopjr

Awesome congrats on bringing this baby back to life... A turbo hatch is one more I would like to add to my collection someday....

I called NPD yesterday and asked about the upholstery, but was told that they did not carry it. He told me to check TMI as that is where they get theirs from....

Good Luck!

Very nice looking project. In the picture of the right front wheel, is the wheel not centered in the opening or is it just the camera distorting the view?
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Will have to investigate that closer. Fender was just put on for the move. Might have something to do with it. Thanx for pointing it out.
    conmech - aka Marshall

Could be just the camera, mine does some goofy things like that but it had me curious. I would love to have that one myself.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I would love to have that one myself.
    Lol, good luck with that..........
    conmech - aka Marshall

Is the thin side molding there or has it been removed and just painted on? I looks great! Mine needs some work but I haven't even thought about how to tackle that yet.

Great looking GT 350. Congrats!!!!
    Have:
    84 GT 350 Anny 5.0
    05 F-150 Super Crew
    08 Saturn Outlook
    Had:
    00 Nissan Frontier
    97 Gand Prix GTP (Supercharged)
    87 Audi Coupe GT
    84 Mustang L 3.8

Thanx. I'm happy. I have the moulding. Old, tough and dry rotted. What do you need done to yours?
    conmech - aka Marshall

So TMI interiors has the seats, actually not to expensive, compared the the 03-04 cobra seats I looked at for my last car. The thin molding looks likes the sticker, not the actual trim. I looked it up on late model resto, and they sell the thin sticker trim to just go all the way around. I think I might pull my trim molding off and put the stickers on, as I think they would look better than the dry and faded thin red trim

Mine are old, tough and dry rotted as well. They are also warped and look as if they may have actually shrunk or never fit correctly. Here's a couple of pictures of the worst spots.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Have:
    84 GT 350 Anny 5.0
    05 F-150 Super Crew
    08 Saturn Outlook
    Had:
    00 Nissan Frontier
    97 Gand Prix GTP (Supercharged)
    87 Audi Coupe GT
    84 Mustang L 3.8

Mine rant that bad, but close. I think the crimson pinstripe similar to the bumpers will look good all the way around the car.

FEP Member

Glad to see it going back on the road. Very nice platform to start with for sure.

I have an nos GT350 decal kit and it included a red decal that looks just like those mouldings? Do you guys have a red decal stripe on your cars as well? If not, I wonder why it was included in the kit? It has a ford part number on it and it fits in with the rest of the kit? Do you think they stopped making that moulding and just switched to a decal for their service parts?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Who knows, Mike. I'm just happy my moulding ISN'T on the car. Less work to get her on the road quicker.

BTW, I really appreciate all of the support and compliments. Not letting this one go....... KEEPER!!!
    conmech - aka Marshall

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast