Close

Default Restomoding 83 1/2 Gt turbo No.500 !

Hi gang, I don't get onto this site as much a I should .I have gained a wealth of info on here. I especially love the registry and the help and the help (Ken?) has given me on finding my cars sequential build number . He has it as number 500 of the 556 that were built as 83 models. I am currently doing a full body restoration on the car just short of a rotissory redo. The engine and drive train have undergone several modifications beyond stock as my goal is to get it up to 300hp. I don't want to go any high there by necessitating changing the transmission and rear end. Many of improvements have included a 9 in. clutch a B&M short shifter, FOMOCO sport anti roll bars front and rear, !6 in Voxx wheels, Heavy duty shocks and red urethane bushings front and back. I've added a boost brothers intercooler and I'm running a straight exhaust off the cat.

This summer I hope to add a fuel pressure regulator and go to 42 lb. injectors as well as add a steel fuel line to cope with all that. I haven't had the car dynoed since the engine mods last summer. I think I'm at or over the 200hp. mark.[ATTACH]80251 [ATTACH]80252 [ATTACH]80253[ATTACH]80254
    Attached Images Attached Images     

That's awesome, I hope you post as you go through the build, I'm sure I won't be the only persons wanting to follow your progress. The GT Turbo is a cool car that doesn't get as much respect as it should. Glad to see you doing a resto like this. It's also cool that you know which number your car is...568 total isn't a lot built when you compare that to total build numbers for all mustangs in 83. You've got yourself a pretty unique car to work with.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Great progress can't wait to see more!!

Don't see many of the 83 Turbo GTs...lots of 84s.

Keep us updated...It looks great so far!
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Another black turbo with red interior, that seems to be the most prevalent combination. Looking forward to seeing yours done, off to a good start.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

My numbers are a little off so #500 out of 556 is close but I can't guarantee it's exact. (I have 562 1983 Turbo GT VINs but according to Marti Auto Works there were only 556 made, so #500 could be off by a few.)
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

well when we talked you had said off by 6 + or-. I know that there isn't an exact right now. But believe me that's a lot closer than I've gotten so far.
    Yes there are fewer 83's (556 or 562) as some feel. There were over 3500 84's built .
    And The black with red interior was the greatest combination .

Don't all jump on me, LOL. But I BELIEVE there is something about my '84 that makes it one of 17 or something like that (maybe 21, I forget) even though it's also red on black. It's a very late '84 1/2 black with red interior and T tops. Could be the lower chip guard or something, LOL but I am pretty sure that is true. Thanks for bringing this one back! I have done it myself and mine was road kill for sure.
    Good Luck and keep us posted on the progress.
    Last edited by homer302; 02-08-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775