Close

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Default Vintage California License Plates (Blue-Gold)

Very nice matched set with original date/year stickers. Would make nice touch to an original California Car during this time frame.
    These are original paint plates that are not touched up. Hard to find an original matching set like this with original stickers and all original paint.
    was 125.00, NOW 75.00 & SH for the pair. PM if interested.

Last edited by vascj; 07-01-2017 at 06:20 AM.

Those are nice! I still have mine for the '86.
    Project "WinBacK" 1986 LX Hatchback
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks!

Not to cause any grief about pricing, but I took a casual glance at CA blue/gold plates and they're fairly common and not very expensive in comparison. Yours look great, but a bit pricey for something that can only be used for display.

Just sayin' You might sell them if you dropped the price a bit.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

I here ya, I'm not in any rush to sell them, if someone likes them and wants them, they are here, if not I'm kinda digging them hanging up on my garage wall. They were worth that to me, if they are not worth that to anyone else, I'm good with that too. The value to me in these plates were the unique combination of numbers, all original paint in excellent condition and original month and year stickers. Another unique thing about this set is that these were the only stickers ever applied to this plate, meaning they were only on the car for one year only. Most ive seen or had, had multiple year stickers applied one on top of the other. Just some little things that separate this set from many out there.

They would be awesome for someone that has a very highend 85 showcar that was originally delivered to CA. these sort of remind me of the original plates I had for my 67GT, they were "2-667" always got lots of compliments on them at shows...

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post
    Not to cause any grief about pricing, but I took a casual glance at CA blue/gold plates and they're fairly common and not very expensive in comparison. Yours look great, but a bit pricey for something that can only be used for display.

Just sayin' You might sell them if you dropped the price a bit.

I have one of my original 84 plates and it is white with the palm trees on it. Blue plates weren't the only offering for 1984. Your plates are in great condition though. Wish I never lost the matcher for my original plates.

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Those sound cool. It's really tough to find matching plates in all original condition. The real unusual thing about these are the original dated stickers. Most likely this particular car was resold after one year and moved out of state and the plates were placed in some safe storage for all those years. That's the only explanation of why they are so nice and don't have renewal stickers on top of renewal stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    I have one of my original 84 plates and it is white with the palm trees on it. Blue plates weren't the only offering for 1984. Your plates are in great condition though. Wish I never lost the matcher for my original plates.

Robert

Yeah the bummer is I am the moron that lost the original plate! My dad bought the car new in 84 and he had the plate on the front. When he sold the car to me in 91 I didn't like the plate on the front so I took it off and eventually lost it! STUPIDS KID DON'T RESPECT ANYTHING! Especially me when I was younger LOL!

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by vascj View Post
    Those sound cool. It's really tough to find matching plates in all original condition. The real unusual thing about these are the original dated stickers. Most likely this particular car was resold after one year and moved out of state and the plates were placed in some safe storage for all those years. That's the only explanation of why they are so nice and don't have renewal stickers on top of renewal stickers.
    Last edited by Hemlock; 02-03-2015 at 03:01 PM.
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Hey if that's the worse thing you did that day, count yourself lucky. I made many ore stupid mistakes...

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Back up for sale 75 for the pair, plus 7.50 shipping lower 48 usps priority. really nice original CA plates for 85 86 with original date month stickers.

Name:  IMG_3712.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  121.5 KB
    Last edited by vascj; 06-23-2017 at 05:41 AM.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

license plates come with this vintage "aged" motorsport license plate holder for rear. This is an original 80's plate bought at a Ford/Saleen Dealership back in the day. It's metal, not plastic with some "patina" as shown. This is not NOS or perfect, just a nice old original item that I kept. It's a throw in that I thought someone would appreciate. I had it on a white and blue stripped Saleen, it looked nice back in those days.
    Name:  IMG_3460.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  152.5 KB
    Last edited by vascj; 07-01-2017 at 06:25 AM.