Close

Default 1979 5.0 pace car fuel sending unit.

Fuel gauge quit working in my pace car. Does any one know where I can find a new sending unit? Looked all over but no luck.

I think it's a very haed item to find. I would check NPD and fox restoration...ebay as well.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

You may have to get it rebuilt. The ones that are for sale are may not work with your smaller tank. Quite often, the retailers list these items incorrectly.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Any idea who rebuilds these units?

Checked NPD, no luck.

Check with Fox restoration. They carry 86 repro sending units so maybe they can send you to a rebuilder.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

ive gone through the same dilema with our 79 rs . i thought i had a good one from a fep member until i tried to change the little filter on the end of the tube and it fell apart looked in the tube and it was caked with rust . i ordered a 1981 sender and cut and modified it to fit .it works ok a little off at half tank but use to it plus with a 12 gal tank fill ups are a little more often .was going to change to the 15 gal tank but my son did not want to modify the car as to the strap locals have to be moved and where the end hump is it needs a little modifying too! i also looked for a rebuilder found one in ny but they never answer the phone or return messages .i will ask my son if he still has the pics on the phone and if he does ill will have him post them for you good luck